💛✨ Something New ✨💛

Mammon led you up the staircase in his room, opening the door at the top. After turning a few corners in this previously unseen area, he opened another door and held it open for you. A whoosh of cool air passed across you as you took in the new environment.

"Mammon, this is...." Your eyes lit up.

It was beautiful, somehow modern and ancient at the same time. To your left, there was ivy sprawled out along a huge wall, cascading beautifully onto the ground. There were tiny lanterns neatly hanging overhead. To your right was an infinity pool with a fire pit and seating area next to it. There were big, fluffy chairs that looked indistinguishable from something you might see indoors.

Surrounding the entire area were gorgeous glass panes standing up on the edges of the balcony. They had this iridescent shimmer to them that entranced you. You walked towards them and noticed the view of Devildom just beyond them.

 You walked towards them and noticed the view of Devildom just beyond them

You stood there in awe of the view. You gently touched the thick glass panes wondering if you could lean on them, when suddenly you felt a presence next to you.

As if he read your mind, "Don't worry, these are sturdy," Mammon said while lightly kicking the glass panes. "I wouldn't take ya out here if it were dangerous."

"Mammon, you really are an idiot sometimes. You could have hurt yourself kicking that."

Mammon broke out into laughter, then bent over with his hands on his hips. He leaned down before your face saying in a mocking tone, "What, are ya actually worried about me, Y/n?" With just an inch between your faces, he quickly blushed and looked away, hiding his face in his hand as he leaned against the glass panels.

You were blushing too, flustered to have the cute demon so up close and personal. You slithered your arm around his waist while scooting right next to him. You stood on your tip toes and whispered in his ear, "Maybe I was worried about the.. Great.. Mam.. mon."

"Gah!" Mammon pulled away from you out of nervousness. The feeling of your warm breath on his ear and neck was a bit too much to handle. He murmured to himself, "Chill, Mammon. You're supposed to be looking after this human, not.. doing...." He couldn't even complete his own thought.

You heard unintelligible whispers coming from Mammon and gently pulled him towards you. "Come on, I'm just messing with you." You gave him a quick hug, loving the feeling of his body against yours. After he hugged back, you pulled away in attempt to not make things uncomfortable for Mammon. You turned to look out at Devildom once more.

Mammon regained his composure and stood next to you.

You tell Mammon how much you love the outdoors, chilly weather, and darkness. You love stars and getting lost in them. You tell him how in the human world there is a place where it is dark most hours of the day. "I always wanted to move somewhere like that..." Your voice trailed off with the last few words.