Vol.1 Prologue

The Elite Gamer

This may be slightly sudden, but please bare with me here and answer this question truthfully.

Will you break the rules because of someone or something you care about?

They say if you get too attached to something, you might spend your whole life dedicating your body and soul to that certain something. There will always be those who would start to work towards something they wanted to achieve at first, but eventually they would come to regret the actions they've made in the past to reach that point. I'm not saying investment is a bad thing, but you have to think about your decisions and what you want to do before taking action. The public opinion on people who have such aspirations have changed throughout the years.

Regrettably humanity is blind to such flaws, men and women differ from each other as they have different abilities. No matter how you look it, people have roles that should differ from person to person. Despite this, people who are disabled are still, well, disabled. It doesn't matter if you avert your eyes, the harsh reality and fate of these people won't change.

So what should my answer be? Well I'll say, "Regrettably, yes." To be human is to be something which is imperfect to naked eye.

Over the years, many quotes about helping the needy have been made. "Part of being a person, is about helping others." or "A community is like a ship, everyone ought to be prepared to take the helm." Quotes like these are what tick me off.

Hypothetically speaking, if helping is a part of being 'human', why do we avert our eyes when we spot people at the side of the road? In that sense, most of us aren't human to begin with right? Or perhaps being human is to be selfish?

In any case, we're all just human, no one is above others. We're only on the top of the food chain because of our ability to feel emotions.

I want to believe people are equal, but the reality is we're all selfish beings, ones that only feast and hunt for themselves. However though equality may be a complete lie, we just can't afford to accept inequality. Right now I'm not even trying my best to answer that question, nor do ai have any interest in answering it.

Oi, you there. Yeah you! You're the one reading this book after all, have you ever had serious thoughts of how the future will look in a few hundred years?

Have you considered what the purpose of going to high school or college is? You have a clear picture in your mind of what your profession will be but will you really find a job one day? The future is quite the hazy one, you can't predict what will happen, all you can do is sit tight and wait for events to take place. I've just finished my compulsory and became a high school student but despite the words of my past teachers, I haven't thought of what I want for the future.

I just want a calm, soothing and quiet environment. I considered the influence school would have on my life but I never thought it would go that far into the future. I've always understood the purpose behind studying language or numbers, hell even education as a whole!

I wan to live in a world where I'm free to do whatever I want, a selfish yet impossible dream if I do say so myself.

°°°

"Sugihara-sama? Can you spare a moment with me?"

She's here, she's here to bother me yet again but I know it's for my well-being. I've been playing games on a game console during class this entire, attempting to pass the time since the teachers seem to not care about our education.

Even though my eyes have been fixated on my gaming console, I could still feel the presence of my personal devil near me. As her master....how should I get out of this situation? Should I just order her to stay back and let me beat my high score?