Vol 3 Chapter 2.1

Crackling opportunities

Episode 0; Akasuki Masaki

The forest's verdant, overgrown foliage surrounds us. The further you go, the thicker and denser this forest becomes. Still it's preferable compared to the scorching heat on the beach, the leaves from these trees are covering us from most of the heat, we're also prohibited from chopping down any branches so this cover won't be going away any time soon.

Despite the leaves covering the four of us from the heat ray of the sun, that doesn't mean there's no scorching heat around the forest as we walk through it. I grab the neckline of my jersey and begin to fan myself so I could cool down. Heat can drain a person of all their motivation in a matter of mere minutes, and I can already feel the effects of that coming onto me stronger than ever before.

It was bad before back at school but at least we had actual air conditioning there, here in the middle of a dense forest there's only the cool river water that could warm me up just about now. Unfortunately I haven't really encountered a river or even a pond yet, so walking endlessly is draining me even further.

"You doing ok back there, Sugihara?"

"Just fine....I can see that you're not doing any better though, Ayanokouji. Why is it the girls are doing better than us..."

I don't specifically remember of male bones are heavier than female bones, but damn it sure feels that way. I feel like stripping my top off right this instant, I could but that'll cause a scene so I guess I could just do the second best thing.

"Sugihara-sama? What are you doing....?"

"Taking off the jacket of this jersey, this damn thing could be more useful for fanning my body than clothing. Besides I still have this shirt so I'm not topless."

Ah....now that my top is off I feel much better, I would have taken the shirt off too if I was alone but don't want peoe thinking I'm an exhibitionist of something.

"It's amazing isn't it?"

"W-what do you mean, Ayanokouji-kun...?" For some reason Sakura is walking a bit further behind us.

She's cute but her shyness can often get old, don't get me wrong it's adorable but people might get sick of her eventually. If I can convert her into her 'Shizuku' character, then she could become equally if not more popular than Kushida because of her looks and body.

I have the urge to convert her into a dominatrix but that might be pushing it, don't know if she could even handle a role like that actually but I'll keep it in mind.

"The school is thinking about our futures  so much, even going as far as to organise this test in the event we find ourselves in a situation like this."

"A-ah...yeah...."

"It is indeed amazing as you said. But I'm afraid Sugihara-sama isn't fit for this kind of activity." The other two turn in my direction to see me leaning against a tree while fanning myself with my jacket.

"Sugihara-sama is more known for staying in the back or in this case, in his room playing games all day. He is more of a strategiest than one to go in for war, also I'm sure he wants to play all that erotic games he's bought recently."

"Oi! Don't go spreading rumors around like that, you'll destroy Sakura's new facade..."

I get a better hold of myself and begin to lead the charge of my group. Walking in front of the three while tying my jacket around my neck like a cape so I wouldn't have to carry it around with my two hands.