Vol 3 Chapter 3.1

Enemies of one's self

Episode 0; Akasuki Masaki

I woke up earlier in the morning than anticipated. After what happened last night, I apperantly fell unconscious so Masaki carried me back to camp and layed me in the tent. At that time it was likely only either 8 or 9 so it's obvious why I woke up so early.

The sleeping bag isn't as warm as a bed, we forgot to turn off the lamp apperantly, and the tent stanks of men sweat. My temper from last night has completely dissipated into the air like steam, I'll have to make amends for what happened yesterday though especially with Masaki. I never answered to her confession directly, she must be waiting for my answer now.

No way I can answer her confession immediately after what happened, and what's gonna happen. I'm still in the middle of an exam, I'm sure Masaki wants me to focus on this before answering to her confession. But still...

"FUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEAAAAH!!!!" I shout at the top of my lungs, of course not forgetting to exit the tent to walk far, far away before doing so.

I finally managed to get myself a potential girl, what's better is how she's in the form of my personal assistant! Things could not have gotten better, maybe the thing with the girls yelling at Ike was a good thing after all!

Unfortunately for me, after the cold night which saved me from the heat while I was asleep, the unforgiving morning has caused the temperature to raise significantly. After stretching a bit, I begin to make my way towards a pile of luggage we brought with us onto the island.

We kept our luggage outside so our tents would be as spacious as possible, it worked out but just barely. Among all the bags, I find a particular one that caught my interest. Curiosity gets the better of me and I take hold of the bag and begin to check it's contents from note books to pieces of clothing and a....

"Digital camera?"

"Huwah!" I didn't notice there was someone behind me but once I did that voice immediately became clear to me who it is.

"Quiet, the others are still sleeping."

"T-this isn't what it looks like, Ayanokouji! I was just checking since I didn't see anyone carry this bag!" I place the bag in the spot it was in before as I place everything back inside.

It's wrong to search through a person's stuff no matter how curious you are, but it could be some sort of spy shit inside there so it's more like the ends justify the needs? That's wrong of me to say, especially if this bag is indeed a girl's since it's in the girl section, shit am I about to be branded as a pervert by the most apathetic guy in the class?!

"Don't worry about it, I won't blame you for not understanding this. We found a lone class-D student in the wild yesterday and decided to take her in, long story short."

"Lone class-D....? Ah, is that so?" It's about freaking time, I know it's pretty soon but Jesus Christ she had to come out in the middle of the night or something like a gremlin?

Still, I'm confused why the girl has a digital camera of all things inside her bag, that must have caused some sort of trouble either indirectly or directly. For example her bag could have smacked against a tree and the first thing you'd hear is metal, you ain't fooling shit with that!

I take another deep breath before  taking hold of the digital camera and checking it's power source. There's no sign of it being used nor does it seems to have any data. Out of all things he told me she'd bring, this is what she chose?! Sheesh, even Sakura could do better....well the current Sakura, definitely not the past one.

"Best not to mess with this for now. Whatever that class-D student plans to do with this doesn't interfere with my plans, if she plans to take a picture of the card then I'll be sure to punch her lights out." After my inspection, I place the camera back into the bag with a sticker now on the back of it.

As to how I got my hands on that sticker, I may have bribed Hoshinomiya-sensei to give me some since these stickers are actually pretty cool. Never thought they'd come in handy for a trap, eh whatever.

"Ah Sugihara-kun, Ayanokouji, I see you're both awake and well."

I turn around with Ayanokouji the moment I've arrived at my bag to find Hirata rubbing his eye while walking towards us with a smile.

"Hi, Hirata. Couldn't sleep?"

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep in this environment. Ouch, ouch.....my back hurts, well that's only natural without a proper mattress huh? Anyway, glad to see you're back together with yourself again Sugihara-kun."

"Haha! Well what can I say, even things such as human emotions can't hold me back!" Perhaps it was from the aura surrounding me right now but he could tell I'm in high spirits.

We only spent 40 points total yesterday and none of our classmates left the island, that includes Koneji who's sleeping on a tree like an ape for some reason. We've gained about 2 bonus points from yesterday and a bit of today, honestly I'm starting to wonder if these bonus points will even add on at all. If we include those bonus points, then we're sitting at 262 points for today to work with, that is if we have to spend any points.

"Ah, I should go take a bath now."

"Are you going anywhere by chance, Sugihara-kun?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna take trip around the island until afternoon to see if I could find anymore spots." And I also want to find where the other classes laid refuge in.

Another reason I want to take a stroll is for the reason of wanting to find class-D and A specifically, I'd add in class-B as an added bonus too if I run into those guys.

"Feel free to take a bath later. Oh and if you see Horikita wake up tell her to watch over Ike for me and once Masaki wakes up tell her to come over to this location."

I point towards an area on my watches's map before going over into the direction of a waterfall I found yesterday to take a quick bath.

Class-D has finally sent someone here at my request, great job Ryuuen. Now I'll fill my end of the bargain for you, class-A is going down.