Vol 4 Chapter 2.1

Actions of a dragon

Episode 1; Kurenai Rayla

"........." I can't believe it, the balls of these people are really starting to piss me off.

I'm currently sitting inside of the restaurant tapping my finger on a table while nearly crushing the can of cola in my other hand. I'm emmiting an aura of complete frustration right now and I'm well aware of it, there's just nothing I can do after seeing the news from yesterday.

I'll give you a run down of the situation I'm facing right now and is basically thrown into because I'm close to a certain person.

Yesterday night, the school reported on the school app and even website about a peculiar thing that I hadn't expected. Presumably, and take this with a grain of salt, some guards reported seeing a suspicious group of people walking around the ship at night.

I wish that was some sort fake news made by the school to test us but truth is, I believe every word down to the letter since sleeping on the roof enables the ability for me to observe everything from afar. I just so happen to see some suspicious men walking around in the middle of the night, the exact same shit reported by the school.

Naturally not many people believe it but of course I do after witnessing such a scene the moment receive the news that there are suspicious men on board. Worst part is, I already know about literally everything going down and I hate it.

"......Hey, mind getting me another can while I fix my thoughts?"

"Y-yes!" The waitress quickly goes to get me another can of cola as I sigh in my seat.

Anyway, I'll bring it to you straight and say these men are after Ray-chan. I'm saying this so casual because it's happened numerous times in the past, some sort of terrorist attack would always happen around the Kurenai household almost like they're a nest for trouble.

Fortunately, I'm always there to protect Ray-chan and her family from these attacks but now we're vulnerable. They're after Ray-chan because they have some sort of debt to pay with her, and since they don't have the cash for it they decide to hunt her down and threaten her to drop the debt. Doing something like that is easier said than done especially with Ray-chan who rarely drops anything after putting in enough effort.

In my opinion these dang terrorist should just get a job, they have the money to buy guns and shit but don't have enough to pay the debt? They're constantly coming back with firearms yet they can't pay a 50 million debt huh? Go figure, also the reason I hate them is because they're going after Ray-chan for a dumb reason because they always spend the money her family used to give them. What is this, some plot device?

"I need a plan......" We're on a cruise ship and they somehow got on.

Originally we'd have some high position guards taking care of Ray-chan in case anything happened but that's not an option. Sure there's guards but I don't know how many terrorists are on the ship so the guards alone likely won't be enough. That leaves....

"Alright fine....I guess I can move my hand and take part in this. First I'll have to prepare and gather information, along with informing everyone I know about the impending danger. First supplies, hey I'll take a full box of the most fizzy type of soda you have."

I walk towards the counter and ask for that as everyone in the restaurant turns towards me with confused looks. They must be thinking what I want with that many soda bottles and frankly I don't blame them.

"Ummm....are you sure, sir? That's quite expensi- oh nevermind you have the money...."

"Yeah, now gimme." The counter attendant begins to search for a box of bottled sodas as I begin to send text messages to the leader of each class before copying said message to send it into my own class group.

You could only imagine their reactions but I have no time to go through each one of their replies. I've already told the leaders of each class to meet me up on the rooftop of the ship, I of course included close friends like Ayanokouji, Kane and obviously Ray-chan, even Soranyan is invited.

"Anyhow the meeting will have to be tonight so I'll escort Ray-chan there at six.....for now I should focus on either information gathering or preparation, I have no time to gather information so might as well out all my time to gathering information for now. Before I do that.....ugh what's Mako's ID again?"

It wouldn't matter if I send a text I er to Ray-chan, she leaves her phone on silent so she wouldn't know anyway. It'd be better if I let one of her close friends warn her while I make preparations but the only person of her friend group which I know is Mako, and I don't even know her ID.

Thankfully the school comes prepared in case something like this were to happen. Within the school app has a option which reads 'Student Database', this feature allows you to find any student in the entire school just by typing out their name. You'll be able to find out information about them from their academic ability down to their student ID, exactly what I'm looking for.

You see the numbers you see on the student ID cards aren't as important as the actual cards themselves. The numbers are just used to distinguish students, that's basically all there is. The card is much more important since it's a hassle to print because apperantly they cost a shit load of points, you can do anything with the cards while you can only do a handful of things with the numbers.

"Watanabe Mako...there we go. And just copy......that should be it, I'll start with everything I need her to do." I begin to text Mako about everything. She's usually up early to my knowledge so she'll get this in a matter of minutes.

"Umm...sir? Do you need any help with this?"

"Huh- no, I didn't develop my muscles for nothing. Thanks for the box of random soda, here's the points for 'em." I transfer about 5,000 to the accountant as I pick up the box and leave the restaurant swiftly.

It's obvious that we can't have guns here since we're students and not a crime syndicate, however that doesn't mean we can't have something that operates similar to one. The cap of these soda bottles can do a lot of damage to a person if aimed correctly, this is exactly what I need to counter their guns if they have any.

There are a good number of things I need, something similar to explosives and combat weapons. I'm sure those water grenades will work but as for combat weapons, I have no idea what could be used in this department so I'll just go with my fist until I find an alternative.

This is a potential terrorist attack, I should be ready for any injuries on my person or anyone else so first-aid should also be on my priorities. First-aid shouldn't be an issue....alright, now to go on a shopping spree!

I haven't the need to involve myself in a terrorist attack for awhile now but I can say one thing's for certain, it's far easier than the island exam since I already know of what these idiots are after. Nevertheless I should be careful, the walls have ears after all and I don't want to drop dead all the sudden.