Vol 2 Chapter 3.1

One more step

One Sunday afternoon, I went to Keyaki Mall with Kushida, Ayanokouji and Soranyan. Although I've went to Keyaki Mall on, well several occasions, I'm still not adept to the place I'm about to visit. As for my reason for coming here, it's to build up Sakura's confidence whenever she's talking with people!

I'm seated on a bench waiting for my companions to arrive. In case it wasn't obvious already, Sakura's social anxiety is downright terrible. I can go as far to say it's the worst I've ever seen and that says a lot, it's likely the reason why she was in class-D in the first place. Her grades aren't terrible since she adapts to things pretty quickly, and her physical ability isn't something I should push but talking is definitely not one of her strong suits.

If we're going to ascend to class-A, we'd have to get rid of every defect that each student has, at least the ones that can be dispersed. Some of them are, thankfully, extremely obvious and can be fixed with time but in Sakura's case that isn't quite an option. Social anxiety isn't exactly something time alone can fix, you'll need guidance and not just any but actual guidance.

Let me explain, what Sakura needs is a little push but she's standing on a pedestal and can't she can't moved down from there. She's scared of the height she'll fall from not knowing the distance between where she stands and the empty void below. All it takes is a leap of faith, but certain people are too scared to make that leap thus someone will have to help them. This someone in Sakura's case is us three.

I'm coming along because I initiated the plan first. Kushida and Soranyan are coming since it'll calm Sakura to know there will be two other girls. As for Ayanokouji, his apathetic look and expressionless tone of voice is perfect for setting up a conversation that will not absolutely freak her out. I initially wanted to bring Ray-chan but her brazen attitude may scare Sakura which is the last thing we want, however that wanted turned into forced since somehow she found out about my plan because she's such a stalker and forced her way in.

I didn't count her in before since I never I invited her myself. Nonetheless I didn't forget to tell the others about this.

"TOP OF THE MORNING TO YA!" As I was spaced out on the bench, I'm suddenly hugged from behind and squished between two large mounds of flesh.

"Hah! R-Ray-chan!? I didn't sense you coming from behind at all!"

"Hmm, hmm, hmm~ I trained as a ninja for my entire life since the age of 9 months! Sneaking up on an unsuspecting friend is nothing, I can even sneak into the White House if I wanted!" She is definitely lying about that and why in the world would she even sneak into the White House of all places?!

Truth be told she used to watch anime containing ninjas all the time with Masaki as a past time. Somehow she gained some knowledge on how to blend into the background like a side character, that's actually the sole reason Masaki is so great at gathering information in secret. It's all thanks to this titty monster here!

Though the dangerous part is she could actually sneak into a high security area no sweat. It makes me scared of her honestly. There's this one time she snuck into my room back at home just to steal a piece of cloth that I had, she did it so unsuspecting I didn't even notice it was gone until a few days later.

"So the others are here I presume?" I look over Ray-chan's shoulder and see everyone else there. Kushida and Soranyan seem to be getting along, and Ayanokouji is trying to comfort Sakura.

"Yep, right there waiting for ya. So we goin' on this date or what?" Ray-chan let's go of me as I stand up and walk towards the group of three with her.

"Afternoon Kushida, Ayanokouji, Soranyan and Sakura. I hope you all are doing well."

"Ah, Sugihara-kun! Glad to see you finally arrived!" They didn't know I was just sitting on a bench? Wow.

"Mister slowpoke over here, he's always late to some sort of date even in the past. Honestly Nii-san, learn to consider others' feelings."

"So what if I was spacing out a fucking bench?! At least I came for god sake!" I say jokingly before taking a quick glance at Sakura who's hiding behind Ayanokouji.

It was a good idea to bring him along, I doubt I could handle all these girls alone, I should have asked Sudou or Miyake too but honestly I didn't even consider them. I'm sure they would have been great choices but my dumb ass didn't think that far, still Ayanokouji should be more than enough...I believe.

"Still I'm glad everyone chose to come! Especially you, Sugihara-kun! As the class leader, I'm sure all the work we've put on your shoulders are tiring." Kushida says to me with a smile.

I haven't had many chances to speak with Kushida but by taking a few glances at her now, damn is she cute! Seeing her in casual attire is overwhelming, kind of getting me excited in a none sexual way!

"Eh, work isn't as bad as it looks. I deserve a break every now and then, if I don't take breaks I'll pass out." It's happened before which is why Soranyan gave me a dirty look earlier when I mentioned breaks.

"Yeah my guy here can be really stubborn sometimes, but at least unlike most guys he still has common sense!"

A tomboy, a basically airhead sister, a shy girl, two losers and a normal cute chick. I cannot express how unbalanced this group is but it's just the type to build up Sakura's confidence.

"Enough about me. Anyway Sakura, you said you wanted to purchase something today right? Well what is it you need?"

"O-oh! U-um...." She comes out from behind Ayanokouji's back and fidgets about.

"Just say it out loud, no matter how absurd it is I'll be sure to have the others pay."

I know exactly how many private points I currently posses and if I spend anymore, I'd seriously have to start relying on Masaki. I already eat enough free food and frankly I'm sick of it! I should have found a better way to find out about the S-system, if it weren't for that this would never had happened!

""I-I...umm want to buy another camera..."

"......"

"Why the silence Daichin?  We're the ones paying you know?"

"It's not the thought of her wanting a new camera, I'm completely fine with it as long as I don't use my own points because of how disappointing broke I am... It's just I've been having this bone chilling feeling since yesterday or something."

"Huh? Are you sick? Nii-san, you should stay at home if you don't feel well." Soranyan shows even more concern for me as she approaches me and holds a hand against my forehead.

I shake at my head at her to show that I'm not actually sick. It all started with a gut feeling that everything's been going too well.

"L-let's just go! It'll be weird if we end up standing here the whole day. I believe I saw a shop selling technical stuff a few days ago, they should have something you're looking for Sakura."

"Y-yes....I'm sorry for making you all come with me."

Sakura bows apologetically, as if she's begging for forgiveness from the bottom of her heart. I feel bad for coming here now but it's not like I can say, "Hey can I go home?" Or else I'll get kicked in the nuts. Might as well sit through this, it's for Sakura's and our futures after all.