Vol 5 Prologue

Reanimation

Episode 2; Sugihara Solaris

It's been about a week since the cruise ship ride back to school. Nothing much has happened once we returned aside from the numerous eyes kept on me.

The grudge hasn't gone down a bit. At least here I have the option to hide inside my room in the early morning and after school, I never really joined a club after all and honestly I'm thankful for that.

Classes ended awhile ago and now I'm leaning against the wall near a vending machine in a rather secluded spot. No one ever comes here since there's not much in this area to begin with so it's a great place to lay low and get some alone time.

Holding a bottle of lamune in my hand, I stare off into the evening sky while sipping on the bottle like a badass. It's hard being smart, not many people even want to be intelligent since it's really just a pain in the ass. It's not like you can't earn money from manual labor.

I wished I had some alone time to think but sadly that isn't an option. That's mostly because of my twin sister gulping down her drink loudly. It's really bothering if I'm being honest.

"Alright could you stop with the aggressive drinking?! This was meant to be emotional dear sister of mine!"

"What's meant to be emotional? The size of your penis or the fact you're being hunted down still?"

"Ah- there's absolutely nothing wrong with my dick size and don't talk about that shit in public!"

"You brought up first, Nii-san. If you keep shouting like that you'll scare Sora-chan."

"Mwee~!"

......I've totally forgotten that thing even existed in the first place. Come to think of it, I actually never saw it back at the cruise ship so it's actually been a long time since I've seen the little guy. It's kind of refreshing in a way.

I had to live on the roof by myself, only rarely ever inviting people like Ray-chan, my study group and Soranyan up there to play some games when I got bored. Everyone handled themselves well without my help, there was literally nothing to be worried about so they just enjoyed their last days of summer. Now that summer is over we're entering autumn.

"Time flies as they say huh? One second you're a first year and in a few months we'll be second years."

"That's for sure, we've been through a lot up until now. You focused a lot on others but have you focused more on yourself as of late, Nii-san?"

".....You seriously know how to ask the hard questions."

Soranyan stares at me as she throws the now empty bottle into a recycling bin.

I haven't focused on what I want as an individual at all. Humans are selfish by nature but I rather help others than help myself, it's hard to even call myself human with all the defects I have.

At least I have time to rest, there isn't as much of a riot than I thought there would be. Most people take it calmly and let me walk pass either out of fear or something else, others aren't so forgiving though.

Basically everyone from Ryuuen's class wants me dead because of how hard I tricked them. I know holding a grudge can last awhile but it shouldn't go on for this long!

"Did you bring that box with you?"

"Box? The Atsunojou one right? Yeah I still have it with me, it's impossible to let go of it you know?"

"I just wanted to make sure, that thing means more to you than anything in the world right? Does it mean more than me?"

"What kind of question is that..... Comparing an object to a human, a family member no less, is just impossible. Even if the box means a lot to me family is irreplaceable, besides I'm sure Ria would understand anyway."

".....I don't mean to be rude but do you remember what happened in the past at all?" Soranyan asked me in a serious tone causing me to go silent.

She's got a point there, I don't remember what happened in the past at all. All I have when thinking of back then are fragmented memories that are still too foggy to make out.

It's getting late so I use that excuse to head back towards the dorms with Soranyan following close behind. She'll try to pry for the answer at a later date if I don't answer, it'll only hurt her slightly since I'm not answering. She must think I don't trust her.

The simple answer to someone's question is able to hurt the feelings of a person. However that's nothing compared to the feeling you get when someone doesn't answer, it just feels like they're ignoring you at that point.

I'll make it up to her. That's how siblings are....I'll tell her eventually.