Kurenai Rayla - SS (2)

Birds of a feather, flock together

"Another win....this is starting to get old." Sitting inside a certain dorm room is the one, the only Sakuma or Sugihara Daisuke. The person who has the potential to be the world's biggest NEET is sitting in his room playing games with his childhood best friend, I feel like I don't deserve the whole 'best gamer in Japan and in the world' title.

I'm always afraid of going out and encountering someone who'll go like, "Hey aren't you the number one gamer? What a loser!" or some shit like that. I'm not offended by a comment like that, but the reason why I don't want to hear that sentence is because I know I'm a weird ass loser.

Naturally other such 'losers' would come up to me and attempt to become friends with me, who would have known such a loser would come in the form of one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in my entire life. My childhood best friend, Kurenai Rayla, is the daughter of a large scale corporation from what I remember so it's strange to see someone like that become friends with someone like me.

"Awwww man! Why are you so good at this Daichin?! I couldn't get a single hit in!"

"Maybe try to sit up straight instead of looking at the screen in an upside down position?"

Yup, we're currently playing a fighting game within the confinements of my dorm room. Just like last time Ray-chan came down from the floor above me and asked me to play a certain game with her, I was bored on the bed so I thought why the hell not and agreed. Who knew the game she bought was a fighting game, the type of game I've never lost in.

"That's no fun! Aren't fighting games supposed to be a challenge? No better challenge than shifting your field of view!" Oi dumbass.....it doesn't work that way.

I let out an exasperated sigh before stretching and requesting for a second match to which she quickly agrees to.

We used to go to each other's houses for the sole reason of playing random games, one time we even managed to speedrun a few puzzle games despite never seeing them for the first time. It wasn't that fun of an experience but hey it was something.

"Hmm? Going with Granny Yu again?"

"Of course! Don't you think it's funny to see this old grandma run around the arena?" Honestly I haven't any idea why they added an old granny into a pure fighting game when they're people like a cheetah faced wrestler who can clearly wipe out this old scrawny women in the real world. Incidentally the granny also happens to be the tackiest character in the game.

"Didn't your dad make this game? I'm surprised he was the one who taught of all this."

"Yup! Dad can be super weird like that but you know how it is at home! You turn the corner one second and you'll find yourself a giant eagle while the next you'll figure out it's just a robotic machine! Crazy right?"

"Sure..... That scenerio sounds rather, familiar because I've been through that before and needless to say it wasn't very pleasant." I begin the mactb after our short talk as the game begins our characters' introductions.

Royalty, that word sounds like it comes straight out of a fantasy but it's actually a relatively commonplace in the world around us. I don't know anything myself but Ray-chan here has met someone of royalty before, that one person also happened to be chick I listen to on my smartphone all, Maria Bishop or as many rumored it's actually Maria Cruzcrown Luthenbrug which is completely ludicrous.

Ray-chan's dad is the CEO of a major game company, either that or it's her mom but hell if I remember. You'd often see the Kurenai household name imprinted onto the cover of any game made by her father such as the one we're playing. The only reason I don't waste too much money on games like these is because I'm such good friends with Ray-chan, so naturally I mostly receive these games for free.

"Hey, I know we're not allowed to call anyone outside of school but have you got in touch with Iris by any chance?"

"Hmm? Oh Onee-san, sadly no but knowing her she's likely doing well. It's likely she'll be transferring sometime soon."

Kurenai Iris is as you may have guessed, Ray-chan's older sister and a real pain in the butt. By looking at it one way, she doesn't have the prankster personality that Ray-chan has but she acts more like the little sister than Ray-chan herself. Instead of being obsessed with cola, which she in fact does still like, the sister is a huge fan of cupcakes, specifically strawberry cupcakes.

Despite being only a year apart age wise, I used to always hung out with Iris even if she's literally nuts at times. Actually she came to me first offering a cupcake. Also the reason why the Kurenai siblings have kind of non-Japanese names is because their mother is actually from another country.

"Why did you ask about Onee-san? Do you miss her already~?"

"Yes? Last time we talked she went to my house, wrapped me in duct tape and brought me back to your house in the middle of the night just so she could use me as a body pillow. How can a guy not enjoy that?"

We continue the game with an multille conversations of the past, such as the fun weird times along with our current situations.

Me, Ray-chan and Iris rarely ever attended class, we could always get away with doing that because of our family name and my influence over the teachers. Besides we were well educated already so it would naturally make sense if we didn't need education anymore, well maybe Iris does.

"Nnnnnhhh!"

"Why do you always make weird noises?" It's like it's a special passive trait of hers or something.

"I got it from Onee-san remember? Hamsters are ones to always make noises like 'Hamsha!'."

You can see how good of friends we are by this, also I'm quite sure hamsters don't make noises like that but whatever....

"Hamsha huh...?" I'm sure I'm giving that Kujou the time of her life right now by doing random shit.