Vol 4 Chapter 4.1

(Dis)Satisfaction

Episode 1;Kurenai Rayla

"Hnnn....mmm....morning already....?" I, Kaneko Masako, has finally woken up from my bed. It's starting to get more comfortable now, sadly I'll have to leave this boat in about a day or two so no use getting used to this now.

Scanning around the room, I make sure everything is still in the place I left them in case of a reset. My clothes are where there were yesterday, the silver and golden emblems are in one piece, everything except one object are in the places I left them in.

"Huh? Where'd the damn plushie go..."

A small plushie I left near the bed yesterday is missing, that's a huge indication of a reset already.

Seeing that it's no where to be found, I proceed to hop off from my bed to go take a quick shower. I take hold of a towel and pick up some clothes before leaving them on the bed, they're the same clothes I normally wear indoors as in a black jacket with other shit I won't bother to explain. Then I take a quick survey around the room before finally taking my steps into the bathroom while rubbing my eyes.

It's been the 27th time this has happened and I'm still not used to it. Headaches and other pains shower me the moment I wake up, I stand up from bed and check around my room to make sure everything is in place. It's the same routine everyday, it's annoying but necessary if I want to keep my sanity intact.

Reminding myself to check on the room every single day even before bedtime at night, this is hardly what you could call living especially when you yourself don't understand what's going on. It's like torture in a way, having these memories installed into my mind the moment I realize something is missing.

"Hah....a warm shower always helps to recover my body. I'll be fine in a few I reckon."

Having all these memories stuffed into my brain is something else. If it weren't for Ghost, I would likely have died everytime my future memories are installed. My worries are placed somewhere else however.

"The idiot died again...." That's the only explanation for this reset. Whenever he dies everything resets to the morning before it all happened, then it won't happen again for awhile.

It's such a pain in the ass, can't the asshat just stay alive for once instead of rushing into trouble? I'm starting to think if keeping Ghost around would have been a better choice or not, but now it's too late since she's gone to take care of more pressing matters.

It's been nearly a week and she's still not done with her research? I thought she has the same brain as me, besides she's the one who's been experiencing this more than I have. I'm only a vessel who occasionally has a brain, I can move around without restraint so might so might as well put that to my advantage.

"Sugihara should still be unconscious at this time, he'll wake up later tonight. No use talking to him about this so I need to out my limited time somewhere else..." Saying that, I dry myself off with my towel before wrapping it around my body to step outside and wear my clothes.

Changes that are too drastic will indicate her of my movements and she'll bring him into her domain either way. I checked the student database earlier and it seems Kurenai is still alive somehow, a rare occurrence when I talk about that small girl.

That chick being alive makes my job far easier. Last time I tried this, one of the leads ended up dying and being erased so I'd rather not kill anyone this time. My real objective should be to move out and find Kurenai somehow, persuade her to not worry about Sugihara so much and go to see him myself.

I'm no Ghost, but I can put up an act really well so everything should go as planned. By stalking Sugihara almost all the time, I can conclude Kurenai wakes up later in the morning than most so I have lots of time to prepare.

If Kurenai ends up going to Sugihara later then I'll just have to kill him and reset everything to this morning and try again. The old fake it until you make it strategy, I don't mind getting my hands dirty as long as nothing happens to my life, that's the deal so obviously I'm keeping it.

"I don't want to kill him again like last time in the forest but I can't move this branch if he constantly keeps dying to that girl. To hell with it, it's better to get this over with."

At last I finish wearing my clothing. I pick up my phone from my bed and check again, the name Kurenai Rayla is still in the student database this the girl didn't kill her in the last branch. Is this a bait? As far as I'm concerned she doesn't have the power to see other branches, it should only be slight visions which doesn't mean a damn when they're so blurry.

Aside from me, there should be another person who has complete awareness of the branches..... Ugh, I hate calling boys this early in the morning so I'll just send a text. He sent his text about a month ago and I only marked it as read, might as well use this opportunity to send a text back.

[You free right now? I need your help with something, another reset happened as I said.]

I send that text to the contact while going over to my cupboard to take out a few silver emblems. They're small, shiny and I have quite a few of them so losing one shouldn't be an issue, losing the gold ones is a huge problem though but the silver ones are fine.

"Huh? That was one quick ass response, does this guy really wake up that early in the morning?"

[Sure. Give me a few seconds and we can meet up somewhere near the restaurant to grap breakfast while we talk.]

Does this guy want to be called a lunatic? I'm starting to get the feeling that dumb expressionless face of his isn't just for show now, well he's of much use so I can't insult him into shit like this.

Finally preparing everything to head out, I walk towards the door and unlock it so I could leave and head towards the meeting spot.

"If memory serves me right, Ayanokouji should have witnessed what happened and have complete memory of the incident. I'll start there."