Vol 3 Chapter 4.1

Fragile Fantasies

Episode 0.1; Ghost

"Tch.....ugh my head hurts......." It's been five days since the exam's started, I woke up about an hour earlier than usual for some reason.

Due to my condition, I can't move the moment I wake up so I just stay inside the tent with a dull expression on my face. My vision is slightly hazy, not as bad as usual but I still can only barely see the ceiling of the tent. I wish I could move out right now, the scent of man sweat is really getting to me and I feel like barfing because of this disgusting smell.

Looking to my sides, a few of the early birds have already woken up and left the tent, those birds being Ayanokouji, Hirata and surprisingly Ike. These three were ones to wake up early in the morning, it's about 7 in the morning so I should get up now.

"Ow.....my back is killing me. Who knew sleeping in a freaking tent would feel so bad?" I spring up from where I slept the night before and leave the tent with a yawn.

"Hmm? Ah, King!" The moment I leave the tent, I'm greeted by Ike who's gathering branches to use as fuel for the fire he's cooking fish for.

"Is that breakfast? Oh Ike you shouldn't have, really fish is starting to kill me."

I've never eaten the same exact food for days at a time so this is honestly starting to make me crave for actual food now. Sure I've eaten a few vegetables and fruits that are on this island along with the fish but I wish I could eat something else, I did see a few rabbits and birds along with a few squirrels and I really have been considering killing one for food.

"So where's Hirata and Ayanokouji?"

"Those two? They went off somewhere to search for vegetables and stuff for us to eat!"

"Huh....wow you're all really hard working. I almost feel bad for not doing much other than strategizing."

I've laid traps for all three of the other classes, they're currently having conflicts with each other while class-C is having the time of our lives.

The cloth strategy worked even better than I expected, class-A would team up with class-C to search for the 'smartass' in either D or B. All the while class-B is focused on D after what I said the other day with Kaneda. Class-D is aiming against A under my command, this couldn't have gotten better.

About 20 or so bonus points have been accumulated throughout the five days we've been on this island. We've got about 280 points now, we haven't spent a single point after buying those temporary toilets since we have a mysterious sponsor.

You would be surprised how useful class-D and Ryuuen is, the countless bottles and random berries are all sponsors of class-D. Of course to avoid suspicion from my class and his, I made sure to gift them several bottles filled with fresh water while they give us food.

Water is something we don't really need since we live near a river with is stuffed filled with fresh water to drink. As for class-D, the amount of food they have near their location is ridiculous so Ryuuen and I would often meet up and trade. In return I ordered him to go for class-A, that doesn't come at no price though since I promised to gift him 1,000,000 private points once this exam is over.

So far it's been going splendidly, Ibuki was brought to our class to draw away suspicion that we're manipulating the other classes. I've shoved suspicion away from us by visiting class-B and discussing about a potential spy from class-D at the same time I managed to convince class-A that someone from either D or B has figured out our leaders' identity.