Vol 1 Chapter 4.3

The end of normality

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka and Sugihara Daisuke of class-D. Chabashira-sensei is calling for you. Please come to the staffroom."

After a jingle, a voice came over the loudspeaker.

I'm currently walking all over the school to prevent myself from being seen in the class. I thought leaving my fellow students alone to think for themselves would be a reasonable idea.

What Chabashira-sensei left us with created a huge uproar, even a debate whether or not I should really become the class leader. I heard it was pretty one sided, still that doesn't rule out the fact there were people who think I'm not worthy to be this class's leader to begin with.

I have to earn their trust if I really want to become the owner of class-D. It will certainly be a struggle but that's the least of my worries. There's no point for me not to turn up at the staffroom right now.

I don't remember doing anything wrong since my first day of school, I sure as hell didn't do anything worth mentioning up until today too. If I stay here any longer, chances are my classmates will find me and I know better than anyone that I currently have a bounty on my head. I am the bounty after all!

With all being said, I hurry off to the staffroom, using this opportunity to stretch my legs.

°°°

I eventually reach the staffroom and see Ayanokouji just in front of me, standing in front of the door hesitantly. I don't see Chabashira-sensei anywhere though, she must have inside right?

Well better call out to Ayanokouji.

"Hey! Ayanokouji! You were called to the staffroom too huh? Crazy coincidence!" I attempt to start out the conversation slow, with a hello and starting with a topic anyone would be comfortable with.

"Hmm? Oh Sugihara, you seem....as lively as ever. I expected you to be more down after what happened, if Sudou didn't step in at first you might have been harmed. Anyway you heard the announcement right? It's only natural I would come here after being called."

It's entirely possible Ayanokouji has been here for awhile now is just waiting for me to arrive. I didn't know where the staffroom was so I had to run around the school just to find it. I got lucky with my random turns, turns out I was on the other side of the school the whole time so it took me awhile before my arrival.

"Welp better not keep sensei waiting." Ayanokouji nods at me as he timidly opens the door. Looking around the room, I don't see Chabashira-sensei anywhere. I hear him call out to a teacher who's checking their own face in the mirror.

"Excuse us, is Chabashira-sensei here?"

"Hmm? Sae-chan? She was here a second ago..."

The teacher looks behind her and was greeted by, well us. It's incredible she can just throw about sensei's given name like that, are they perhaps close friends? She seems to be around the same age too.

"Looks like she had something to do, do you boys want to wait inside?"

"Nah it's good! We'll go wait outside."

I don't feel comfortable in staffrooms, I can tell it's the same with Ayanokouji. Since he seems like the type who doesn't want attention, I invite him back outside to wait for a signal.