Vol 3 Chapter 6.3

The final curtain

Episode 0.1; Ghost

The exam is officially, and finally over. The ship is going to depart in about two hours so some of the students stayed back on the island to play around in the sea, while most of them decided to board the ship.

As for me, I was the first one to come aboard the ship. I didn't want to be bombarded with random questions I didn't want to answer so I left as quickly as I gave me explanation about my plan. There are a small minority of students roaming around the ship with full intent on finding me. It's almost like I have a bounty on my head or something.

I haven't sent the points to Ryuuen or anyone yet since I figured I should do that in person, especially with Soranyan and Ibuki. Their pay is much less than Ryuuen, about a quarter of the million he asked for so I'll just lose 1.5 million private points. It's not that big of a deal, it's more like a means to an end.

"I regret revealing my plan now, it was fun to let out all that at once but the downside....is hiding away from the first years until things have calmed down."

I'm basically sitting ontop of the cruise ship with a bento box right next to my person, along with a full supply of soft drinks and mineral water. I even have a sleeping bag off to the side if I need to sleep up here.

I expect to stay up here for awhile, it might be cold but it's better than being moulded down there by a bunch of hungry alligators. I texted Kujou earlier and told her my location, she's among the people who aren't hunting me down and is just walking about taking in the view. She had an extra bento box so I used my parkour skills to hop into her room and sneak out the bento without her permission so I'll make sure to apologize to her once we meet again.

The sea breeze is nice, it's still the morning and just entering the afternoon but I don't feel hot in the slightest. The breeze of the ocean is cooling me down so well, at most I'll only suffer the sheer cold of the night but that's why I have a sleeping bag. I can sleep on hard ground as much as I want but I won't fall asleep if the temperature drops like crazy.

"Hah.....this is so boring......" I'm already starting to fall victim to my fatigue.

I moved around so much during the island adventure, my workout routine isn't as consistent than back when I'm with grandpa so my physical ability has dropped slightly. I'm not that much out of shape or anything, but I guess not being able to sleep properly also got to me so I'm a little sleepy.

"It's so boring.....I'll....just....hit the...sack......for awhile...."

°°°

"Mmm....hhnnnn hah...." I get up from my sleeping bag with a yawn.

The golden colour of evening has set in as it dyes everything in a bright yellow, this must be the the Golden Time of the month.

So I slept from afternoon all the way to evening huh? About 6 whole hours, that's literally the sleep I need for the next day. Why did I wake up in the first place? I don't mind seeing the gold of the world and all but I prefer to stay asleep since there's nothing for me to do right now.

"I should at least get a drink and enjoy the scenery for an hour or so...- hmm? This is....the scent of smoke?"

"Huh? Oh, you're awake."

I turn my head towards the familiar voice. It's Kane, smoking a cigarette just a ways away from me. The top of the cruise ship is quite large but not many people come up here, it's the perfect place to admire the scenery by yourself or with another person.