Vol 1 Chapter 9.1

The Start

Walking into the classroom, Chabashira-sensei looks around in shock. Everyone is in the class and they're eagerly waiting in suspense for the test results of the midterms.

"Sensei. The test results should be announced today right? But we don't know when exactly."

"There's no need for you to worry, Hirata. I can say one thing is for certain, everyone did exceptionally well."

That's a relief, it doesn't feel like she's lying either. At least the whole class is in the clear, they even let out a sigh of relief after her comment. it'll be good if we get more class points, chances are we'll overtake class-C and become that much closer to A.

Also the taste of free food is starting to blend in, I mistook my tongue for being numb once but it was in fact the free food tasting tasteless because of the amount of times I've ate it. I've been craving for some real food, sure often Masaki would buy some for me but that's only on special occasions when we're alone, and as you know we don't get those opportunities very much.

"When will they be released?"

"Well now should be a good time. I can sense the overwhelming anxiety and excitement from all of you. You're all so impatient, well here you are your test results." She sticks the paper with everyone's names and scores onto the board.

"Honestly good job, I never imagined this class would do this well. Would you look at that, in math, Japanese, social studies and English, there are nearly 20 perfects."

Looking at the row of 100s students cheer in happiness, the classroom is filled with smiles of satisfaction. Even people like Horikita and Yukimura, if you looked closely enough you could see a sense of relief in under their masks.

However I couldn't care less about the others, the first thing I looked at when I saw the scores were those who are in my study group. They did even better than I thought.

Mori and Hasebe got around 70 in every subject, Miyake got a perfect 80 in most subjects and a safe 75 to 79 on the others, Matsushita did well and got about the exact same as Miyake. Ayanokouji was an oddball, getting about 69 in nearly every subject but at this point I don't even know what he'd thinking.

"Yeah let's go!" I hear Sudou make a noise to which made me turn towards the lower scores to find the final two people.

Sakura got a solid 60 in most subjects, I guess the anxiety got to her but she past at least. I look through the paper once again and spy Sudou's name. All his grades are solid 75s, as for his weakest subject.....a safe 59.

"Nice, he passed! That means everyone else did too!" The lowest score is Ike's at 44 in math, honestly better than expected. No wonder Sudou was celebrating I doubt he even studied the freaking paper from the other day at all!

There is absolutely no red line to be found on the paper. I throw a glance at all the tutors within the class and they seem proud of themselves, who wouldn't be? After all someone like Sudou, who was regarded as the dumbest in the class got reasonably high scores in the midterms. He's not all brawn I guess, he has a pretty nice memory too.

"You see this, sensei? When we put our minds to something, we can do anything!" Ike has a triumphant smile on his face. Dude you literally barely passed math, though your other subjects are quite safe being in the 60s.

"Yes, I recognize that. I'm proud of all of you, with this you easily pushed class-C to the side will become the new class-C by next week. You all should be proud of yourselves too, from incompetent students to classmates who have the potential of evolving."