Vol 1 Chapter 8.3

Midterm

After the last test finished, I begin to pack up my bags so I could immediately head home.

That's what I was thinking at first but.... I take a deep sigh before going over to the girl who called me out earlier at lunch. She's Satou Maya, one of the girls who are part of the 'Girl's Group' formed by Karuizawa Kei.

I feel bad for her, suddenly lashing my anger out on her was the wrong thing to do. No girl should be treated like that, hell nobody should be.... I need to control these feelings of mine. I can't spend my time on the rooftop until night again, this is a different school now. Remember.... it's different now...

"Satou, I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier! I had a lot of bad feelings back then that suddenly came up, I'm sorry and I also can't even join you for shopping anyway! I have something important to do later..."

"E-eh!? N-no it's alright! I understand, even someone like you can have bad feelings right? Also it's not such a big deal, we know you're a busy person." I'm not particularly that busy but I can see where she's coming from.

After confronting her, I wave goodbye to the girls before walking out of the class. I plug earphones into my ears as I start to listen to a song made by [Maria Bishop], someone who is not in your world dear reader.

Her songs soothe the soul, most of her songs have similar affects on other people. Calm.... Light.... Care....you can feel all sorts of emotions from her songs, they're pretty popular too.

However these songs, they're not something I listen to on a whim. As if I'd go waste something like this when it comes to my time, I could be listening to any other music but why this?

What's so special, what does this song mean to me? It's stresses relief, for when my friends aren't around to help. These songs calm the soul, but it also calms the human brain. For example, I stead of these dark thoughts, they provide me with simple thoughts such as the weather or about the good things that has happened today or this month.

In fact, I listened to this exact song on the first day of school, looking at those cherry blossom trees were a sight that does wonders for my appetite. You see now? Such little things could heal the heart...

As I pass by some fellow students, I start to space out, looking outside the occasional windows. I never noticed but I've been walking so slow and taking a few stops to the point it's basically evening now. I just wasted a couple hours walking around, listening to loops upon loops of a couple of songs.

By normal circumstances, I would have been annoyed with myself but right now I feel at ease. A genuine smile forming on my face as I gaze at the scenery. It's so beautiful, everything is almost painted in a bright gold.

I wish I could get a better view but the roof is sadly prohibited from entering. Shame, I would have stayed up there until night....

"It's Golden Time, have you heard of that phrase before?"

I've always known what you meant, but the sight of this reminds me of you.... I love this sight, my body feels so very warm right now. This sensation of sinking into a warmness, I knew today was the day the evening would be the most beautiful.

I've only a experienced it a handful of times, but it'll be engraved into my mind no matter how many times I'm back into the darkness. It's comforting, not as comforting as the warmth of Soranyan but it's close enough.

"Time's up already huh?" Before long the sun finally set.

I'm sat on a bench looking over the endless distance, a water bottle at my side which I don't even remember putting there. I must have bought it unconsciously to cleanse my sore throat, I've done it so much it's basically muscle memory now.

"I wanted this to last longer....I wanted to spend more time with you...." Alas fate is ever so cruel.

I couldn't spend time with the person I wanted to spend my time with, of course I could feel it tomorrow again but it won't feel as close...

"Let's head back, Sugihara-sama." Apperantly Masaki has been at my side for awhile now. Viewing the distance with me as I stand up while wiping a tear off my left eye.

"Sure, come on! Oh Masaki did you buy that water bottle for me or did I buy that myself?" I point to the water bottle at my side with a confused expression.

"Hmm? You picked it out yourself, Sugihara-sama. I only payed for the purchase, nothing too significant to talk about." She bowed as she spoke, she's even speaking in a soft voice..

"As expected of my assistant. You must have followed me around after seeing I didn't answer something you asked right?" She nods at my theory.

I can't help but wonder what happened while I was being surrounded by warmth though. Well whatever, I should only focus on the test for now. Well test results but that shouldn't take too long, unless this school's teachers are as slow as a turtle, then it may take a few weeks but it should only take a few days at most..

Before me and Masaki could head back, I take one more glance at the location I was staring at with a warm smile as the song that's been playing on loop this whole time was forced to stop by my hands.

"See you soon, Ria."