Vol 3 Chapter 4.1

Fragile fantasy

Episode 0; Akasuki Masaki

It's already the fifth day of the exam, we didn't skip many events really. Aside from the constant back and forth with class-A, I've heard and class-B and D have been at it recently while A is suspecting B.

C is completely out of the picture, well for the most part. Truthfully I'm dying from the lack of amusements, probably should really think of a plan where I can involve myself later in the future if the chance ever comes again.

If I had to say, there's one thing that's happened recently....my heating body has gone worse, worse to the point it can't even be registered as a fever nor any sickness I know about. I feel headaches every now and then, when I touch something cold it feels like I warm that certain thing up instead.

I've been drinking as much cold fresh water from the river as possible but that didn't do any better. I don't think I can last till the end date at this rate which is a real bummer, we'll get our points deducted but that's the least of my worries. For some reason you can't feel the heat coming from my forehead at all- or any part of my body for that matter.

I can still move normally, but I feel like barfing with each bite of food I take. I need to check in with a nurse after this is all done, sadly my brain isn't telling me to quit this exam even though I could.

"You doing ok there?"

"Huh....?" From above me, the shadow of Ibuki Mio stares down at my pathetic figure.

It's currently night time so I'm trying to stay awak from the campfire as much as I could. Masaki went off somewhere to find a berry or something like that for me to eat since I haven't eaten in about three days, the only thing I can get down my throat is water which Ibuki passes me a bottle of.

"You need it more than me....."

"Thanks...." I open to cap and chug down the water bottle in a single go. I shouldn't do that but my shaking fingers basically forced me to.

This feels like some red flag for an anime character, it feels like I'm about to bite the dust or something but I doubt that's the case. Perhaps I'm just tired, but that doesn't explain the now unbearable heat. It reminds me of the feeling you get when you run your arm across a boiling pot or something.

"How are you holding up?"

"Terrible, I can think and talk normally but my movements are slowed, my body is burning up and I can barely eat." Ibuki sits next to me with a sigh, we talked a bit and became sort of friends. Something similar to how met Kane who's now gone off on a walk.

"Sucks, huh? That assistant of yours have gone off somewhere to pick freaking berrier for you so you have no one right now."

"I'd rather it be that way, I don't want her catching this illness if it's contagious..."

I've tried standing up, but nothing seems to do the trick no matter how much force I out into my ankles. It's as if I've suddenly turned to stone, no more like burning iron.

It's been only three days since the symptoms have shown themselves and they're gotten far, far worse. I need fresh air.....well technically I am getting fresh air, but somewhere away from this area would be nice.

"Oi! Don't force yourself...!" I attempt to stand up yet again, this time the attempt actually succeeds as I managed to hold myself up with the base of the tree I'm leaning against.

"It's gotten better at least..... I can move, it's no biggie now." I think part of the reason I haven't had much power recently might be the lack of nutrients even though I only haven't eaten for about three days.

I limp towards Hirata and the others. Things have been going splendidly between this class with Ike ordering people and Horikita and Hirata keeping him in check. I can feel their stares at my body as I walk around the camp.

They're worried for my health, who wouldn't be when the most muscular person in class is literally limping and looking like he's about to fucking drop and die? They're so nervous they can't even speak, they're afraid they talk I might snap again.

I shouldn't be moving in the condition I'm in, but I need to stay awake.....at least two hours more should be enough. I need to drop out now, I've done enough, I just need to write down a letter of the last thing I need this class to do before I walk over to where the teachers are.

"Sugihara.......p-please lay down and rest." Hirata tries to confront me but I end up ignoring him, I can barely even speak right now so I naturally write a letter.

[I'm fine, just make sure to read this later while I walk back towards the campsite where the teachers are] is what I write on the piece of paper. I obviously used Ibuki's note book since she was the only one who had one.

However Hirata's gaze seems to be one of horror, Horikita quickly comes up behind him and sees the letter I wrote. This also sends a wave of of fear through her skin.

I turn back at the page but there's the exact words I wrote there, what are they so scared about? Whatever, I'll head back now.....I need rest.

"S-Sugihara-kun! Stop!" The moment I move a single inch, Horikita grabs me by the shoulder but I break free if her easily.

"It's fine....I'm just gonna...rest awhile. See you guys back on the ship...." With those parting words, I leave into the forest.