Vol 4 Chapter 5.2

The dreaming realist

Episode 1; Kurenai Rayla

"One fateful night, a boy and his little sister were wondering around in a dense forest filled with flowers, specifically those of the rose."

"It was nearly midnight, the two siblings wanted to go home since it was already extremely late. Yet try as they must, they could never find the exit of the forest no matter how much they ran."

"After countless hours, the two finally found the exit. The sister suddenly let go of her brother's hand, horrific screams of pain came from behind as the brother stared at her sister in horror. Before he knew, he left the forest only with the silver and gold emblems which his sister loved so much in my palm. Does that story sound familiar, Daisuke?"

We were all listening intently to the gi- no, Ria's story. Her unconcerned smile sending chills down my spine as she stares deep into my soul causing my heart to ache slightly.

Ayanokouji and Ray-chan must be shocked by this sudden development, who wouldn't be after you heard such an anonymous story? It was changed, it had to have been shifted since the Ria I knew was just an extremely close friend, not a relative.

There is no hint that we're related.....but why does this story sound so bone chillingly accurate even though I've never heard it? The only sibling I've had for my life is Soranyan.....Ria was only a friend, nothing makes sense!

"Daichin....."

"Sugihara, could you confirm is this is correct or not?"

Despite my attempts at replying, nothing but dry noises come out of my mouth. My throat is so ridiculously dry I can barely speak, so I take quiet sip of the tea that magically appeared before me.

I'm hanging my head, I can't look up at the three no matter how hard I try. It's not that I don't want to answer, it's that I don't understand the situation myself yet why can't I come straight and say it?

"Sugihara? I know this must be hard but is it true?"

"Ufufufu~ boys these days are so curious, even after this many resets Ayanokouji remains as stoic as ever. How I'm impressed with you. As a reward I'll answer that is indeed a true story, though it seems Daisuke doesn't quite remember it either."

"Bullshit.... you're lying..... there's absolutely no way those were real events!"

I manage to speak up but those words seemed to have fuelled Ria even more as she giggles at my comment.

How could this had happened.....I don't have a memory of any of this! There's no way it happened, Ria didn't die she just left me without a word didn't she? I saw it with my own eyes, she left because of family circumstances.... that's what she told me yet she's sitting right there, telling me a story that seems so familiar to me yet I don't remember it!

"Ufufufu, what's wrong Daisuke? Are you having unpleasant memories again~? Would you like for me to install even more memories into your brain so you could remember the days of fun we had together?"

"Shut it you dumb ass child! It never happened, you left me and all that shit you told us was absolute bogus! Why should we even believe you anyway, you're just some mischievous cat!"