Vol 4 Chapter 1.3

Realist

Episode 1; Kurenai Rayla

"Ah....that was fun, real fun. Let's do this again some time soon while we still have the opportunity, Daichin, Soranyan!"

"Mhm! Nii-san has a lot of fun too from the looks of things, I'll be glad to come hang out with you again Ray-chan!"

It's the end of our hangout, the evening sun is setting in as we walk back inside the while holding bags filled with various items.

We all payed for our own stuff, well Soranyan and Ray-chan agreed to split the pay for my shit but hey that just means I get to spend less. From shopping to swimming around in the pool to just walking about, we had lots of fun and we'll continue to have this much fun until we finally arrive back at school.

By that time, everything will go back to normal and we will have even less opportunities to hang out like this again once we're back. I'm well aware of that fact, and so I want to play with these two for as long as I can for now.

"Well this is my room now, so I'll leave Rayla-chan in your hands Nii-san. Make sure you don't go doing anything nasty to here now."

"Can it, I'm not some needy ape I'll have you know."

"Yeah, Daichin is ,like, super reliable! If any delinquents come and hit on me, you can bet Daichin will protect me even if he says he hates me! He's a tsundere like that."

"You give me too much credit than I need and also don't call me a fucking tsundere! Anyway sweet dreams o' sister of mine, we'll be on our way now."

I begin to walk off with Ray-chan beside me as Soranyan gestures a goodbye at us before closing the door.

It's late but there are quite a lot of people walking along the hallways of the ship. The atmosphere is pretty jumpy in a way thanks to the music playing in the background, good ol' hip-hop huh? Not bad, though they could have gone for something better.

Occasionally I feel glares coming from random nons that I walk by but they don't get past my thick skin in the slightest. They still have a grudge against me, it's not a surprise given what happened yesterday on the island with the big reveal so I bet it'll take a few more days before they finally let it go.

"Daichin? You look kind of stiff."

"And you're using a composed way of speaking. You see dear Kurenai Rayla, you using that way of talking is something I'm not used to, please revert back to your trolling self."

"Aye aye!"

"......I can't even say that's better, but at least I'm more used to it."

She's a cute girl, very reliable at times too but I just wished she wasn't so fucking stupid. I guess it's an add-on to her charm but it gets old quickly, thankfully that's only an act as she can talk and act like a normal high school girl instead of some troll.

"So has anything happened lately? You look stressed sometimes without us."

"So you've noticed, I'm not surprised you did. Well anyone would feel slightly stressed if they had to live on the roof of the ship, it's a new experience though so you don't have to worry about my performance dropping any time soon."

"Heh....really? Well you don't seem to be faking it, alright I'll believe you but if you lied to me I'll be sure to give you a nice serving of my iron fist!"

"I hear you so please don't raise your fist like that, it's terrifying...."

"What do you mean! Even if I landed a sneak attack on you, chances are you can definitely still beat me!"

She's not wrong. That little swimming pool battle we had proved it, no matter what disadvantage you out me at I'll still be able to find a way to win one way or another.

My speed and strength are off the charts thanks to grandpa and I've basically mastered ever weapon in history, well except nunchucks but you can't expect me to use those blasted things. I mean I still can but I'd rather use a shiinai. The only person I've really never beaten wasn't even in real life, it was in an online chess game for Christ sake.

"Hey.....did you see the news?"

"Huh? You mean that weird ass burger that apperantly contains tons and tons of garlic?"

"No! But seriously tell me about that sometime!" Ray-chan says before suddenly stopping in her tracks.

"You saw the thing about Roka-nee right...? Do you think she's alright?"

I've been moving ahead of her until now, I've completely stopped to look back at her.

She's wearing a serious expression, it's rather rare for her to have this expression of hers especially if you count how weird she can be. However that doesn't mean she doesn't care about people, when talk of Roka-nee comes up Ray-chan was and is still always the first one to respond.

"...I don't know. She's having a great time without me there but I have no idea how she's holding up without my help."

"I see....sorry for the tense atmosphere, I just wanted to ask."

"It's nothing really, I've been worried for her myself."

Everyone who knows Roka-nee loves her, she's such a young gentle soul who loves to help people despite her blindness. Her other senses are so incredible they could even be compared to that of a dog's nose and a bat's ears.

People often forget she's blind though but I've put in a good word, still this means she's forever vulnerable to danger. I've sent guards to protect her on numerous occasions in case some creep would try to pull something on her, but I can't help but feel a sense of unease when I think about her. Ever since today....

"Do you think.... she's in a pain right now?"

"Not sure, hopefully not though. Why the sudden Roka-nee talk? This isn't like you at all, you're really concerned for her huh?"

"T-that's not my fault! Roka-nee helped me so much in the past so of course I'm concerned for her! She's like a second mother to me or a big sister!"

"But you already have a big sister, you know Iris?"

"Onee-sama is also extremely energetic and she also has an attack helicopter on standby at all times, she's fine!" I'm concerned why the crazy one would have an attack helicopter of all things.

"Well this is your room, I'll be on my way now."

"Yeah, thanks a lot broski!"

I begin to walk back towards my new camp spot, the cruise ship roof, with my dinner in hand the moment Ray-chan enters her room.

Today was interesting to say the least, I got to play in the pool, eat some delicious ass food and go around shopping with my childhood best friend and twin sister. I even got a chance to leak out a bit of the true Ray-chan, there's nothing else that can satisfy me for today.

"Hmm? A notification on the school app  this late? Wonder what it's about."

I feel a special vibration from the phone in my pocket so I take it out and check it as I slowly get closer and closer to the roof where I'm supposed to settle for the night.

"No way......"