Vol 1 Chapter 2.1

Defects of class-D

Although said this place was quite tough, the entrance ceremony was just about the same as any other school's. Some important people offered words of thanks and congratulations so the ceremony concluded without a hitch.

Then, noon came. Once we received some general information about the campus, the crowd just dispersed.

A large majority of the students already went to the dormitories to take a break for the day. The remainder of the students quickly formed into groups so they could cover the school at a more rapid pace. Some went to cafes, while the loud mouths likely went towards the karaoke centres.

The commotion slowly died down which led to me eventually meeting up with Masaki. We decided to swing by the convenience store nearby on our way back to the dormitory. I wanted to invite Ayanokouji but apperantly he had already made his way, likely in the same direction as us so I'm certain I'll meet him again before entering the dorms.

"Sugihara-sama? If you don't mind, I could pay for the necessities you'll have to buy later. I know you're already running low on points." There she goes rubbing it in my face, this is the only time you'll be richer than me Masaki!

"It's fine, I just have to endure a month without a gaming console's all. Besides I don't think the daily necessities I need to purchase would be that expensive." Technically speaking it's really easy to spend 50,000 yen in a single day, but if you're a frugal that shouldn't be an issue. You just need to be smart on when you spend cash.

Entering the convenience store, I hear a familiar sigh and look over to see Ayanokouji and that girl once again. How can fate be so cruel? And how come they're always by eachother anyway? Are they dating? Well judging by the extreme violence she lashes out on Ayanokouji, likely not unless he's into that.

"Yet another unpleasant meeting. Anyway what's I Ayanokouji?" I wave at the two, dragging the attention of both Masaki and Ayanokouji.

"Sugihara, I didn't expect you to be here. Buying groceries too?"

"Something like that. It just so happens I came across you two again." I begin to look through the convenience store as Masaki poked me on the shoulder, indicating her confusion and need to ask me a question.

"Are these two the ones we saw this morning? You know, at the school gate?" I nod in reply.

I nearly forgot I told Masaki to go ahead of me while I talk to that girl, can't say it's a fun memory but at least I made a friend out of it.

"Well raven girl? Why are you being so hostile? Ayanokouji here just came to buy a few groceries." I should try to get through with her. This personality of hers is one I personally dislike but I should still try, being the class leader now means I should build a connection with just about everyone.

"Well it's just unpleasant to see the two of you here again, especially you Sugihara Daisuke. The way you speak, is that truly the way a leader should talk to his subordinate?"

She's right, I'm being a little rude here by giving her a random nickname.

"You're right, sorry about that. So instead of calling you by a nickname, just give me your real name and we'll call it a day."

".... Horikita Suzune." Horikita huh? That sounds familiar.... Eh it's probably not important. It's likely some bystander who coincidentally shares the same family name.