Vol 4 Chapter 2.2

Actions of a dragon

Episode 1; Kurenai Rayla

"Let's see, I've informed everyone I could about everything, bought everything I'll ever need and possibly more. All that's left is to wait for the few people I invited up here, in the meantime I might as well do this."

I begin to check everything off for the last time.

A full box of soda bottles to use as guns, water filled grenades to distract the enemy, multiple penknives for close quarters combat and finally a rubber ducky for good measure. Yeah I'd say I have just about everything ready, I told Soranyan to buy some candy on the way here so no need to worry about that.

Oh I also got a bunch of food in case I need to coop up here, it's only instant noodles but better than nothing. Also have a bunch of normal water bottles for when I get thirsty, the sodas aren't used for drinking in my situation after all.

"Ah I should check in with the janitors and Chabashira-sensei.... I'll get in trouble if I get the place messy without any warning."

I pull out my smartphone from my pocket and begin to search for Chabashira-sensei's phone numbe-

"Oh right, I never ever bothered to call that bitch so I never took the time to save her phone number either. Ugh.... it's times like these where I wished I wasn't such an ass towards teachers." Now I need to find her personally.

Unlike with students, teachers normally don't have a system where you can find them off a database. The reason for this is teachers advised us to write a note of their cellphone number already at the start of the school year, because I never bothered to converse with teachers I thought it wasn't necessary so I just ignored it.

Now it's coming to bite me in the ass, I detest the air Chabashira-sensei gives off but I guess it can't be helped. Either I get suspended at worst or my job becomes easier, obviously I'm going to choose the latter since it's less troublesome in the long run.

"Alright! That's everything all wrapped up in an extremely suspicious way! On second thought, if someone saw this they might think it's some sort of bomb. Eh whatever, they'll be confused the moment they find a bunch of toys and drinks anyway."

I placed a large piece of cloth which I usually use as a second layer of warmth in case the sleeping bag isn't enough. Nobody comes up here anyway besides Kane so I probably shouldn't go to such measures, at least I didn't consider putting gasoline all over it some I could burn all the shit in case someone saw it. I'm not some maniac!

I quietly make my way back down to the base of the ship where the faculty room should be and where Chabashira-sensei is.

The ship is large enough you would easily get lost the moment you forget which floor you're on. Everything on the inside looks the exact same, you'd only know the direction you're going based on the arrows on the ground.

It's a great place and all, but it's a pain in the ass to maneuver around. There is a map somewhere but it's at the entrance and I always forget to look at it, not like I have to.

"Alright....this seems to be the place." No shit smartass, it literally says the words 'Faculty' on the top.

I knock on the door lightly with the back of my palm. It's an unusual way to knock on doors but I find it quite entertaining, I mean it's funny if you're the only person doing things like this.

"Hmm? Ah Sugihara-kun, what do you need?"

"Morning sensei! There's something I want to talk about with you, it might take some time so do you mind if I come in?"

"Not at all, you may enter." At Chabashira-sensei's signal, I enter the faculty room with a light stretch.

Huh, surprisingly there aren't any faculty members besides Chabashira-sensei here. That's odd considering how most of the people that should be here are teachers, but then again Mashima-sensei could be busy with something and we all know how Hoshinomiya-sensei is like.

In any case, this is the perfect situation I want to be in if I want to discuss this with Chabashira-sensei. Gotta make this opportunity count.

"Would you care for some tea?"

"Sure, I might as well quench my throat while I'm at it."

She begins to brew a cup of tea for herself and me before setting them on the table I'm sat at.

"Now, what is it you want to talk about? It's rare you ever want to speak with me about something so it has to be serious."

"No shit it is, keep your ears wide open 'cause I'm not gonna repeat myself."

I explain everything from the beginning, and when I mean beginning I really kept everything about knowing these terrorists and what they're after. Keeping all that out will shorten the time which would have been occupied by needless questions, it'll leave her with unanswered questions of course but she'll keep them to herself.

"Unbelievable.....I thought the school was playing a trick."

"I would have as well if it weren't for the fact I witnessed said suspicious men while on the roof."

"This is quite the predicament we're in... So you plan to make the first move on them with soda bottles and toys?"

"True enough the method does sound strange, but it's the best shot we have since I myself don't trust the guards. We haven't any knowledge of how many terrorists there are but if I had to guess.... About 20 or so based on the amount I've seen wondering around the ship in the middle of the night."

The ship wasn't only opened to students of our school when we first arrived, there were multiple other passengers on board already and some of them recently came on.

The number I stated might have been an underestimation for all I know. In the worst case scenerio I'll run out of soda bottles and will have to go in constantly using penknives, which I am skilled at using but I would rather fight from afar where I'll be safe.

"Are you absolutely sure about this plan?"

"The caps from exploding bottles of soda is nothing to joke at, especially once you add sweets to them. I'm fairly confident in my ability to fight them off but just in case have some guards on standby, and I'm not being held responsible for the mess I'm about to make."

"I see....well you have my approval, and don't worry about getting into trouble by firing a few bottle caps at adults. Anyhow, what is your true objective here? You seem more motivated to do this than I initially thought."

"I'll leave my motives to your imagination for now." A mature answer comes out from my mouth as I finish the rest of my tea.

This isn't just about saving Ray-chan, that's obviously a big factor but this also gives me an opportunity to boost my reputation again by seemingly saving everyone on the ship.

"Is that all you wanted to tell me?"

"Yeah, don't expect much since I could die on this mission. If the worst does happen, stack bottles of lamune on top of my desk. Now with that, I'll take my leave, thanks for the tea Chabashira-sensei." I stand up and leave the room.

Right when the door closes behind me, I get yet another notification on my phone but this time it's from the chatting app.

"So it's about time huh? Well time for the last thing of the day...."