Vol 4 Chapter 5.1

The dreaming realist

Episode 1; Kurenai Rayla

After waking up from unconscious, I, Sugihara Daisuke has found myself in an unfamiliar room. Grand, ornate, luxurious you know that sort of room.

There's a large table in the center of the room, and on the table were steaming pots with expensive-looking cups, and finally a wide assortment of various colored sweets. Everything for a tea party is set within the confines of this room.

"What the hell is this?" This isn't exactly the type of room I would personally want to relax in.

A sweet scent is wafting around the room, the smell of roses  from what I can tell judging by the rose vase in the corner of the room. It's a nice smell don't get me wrong but for some reason it has a sense of unease to it, I can't place my finger on it though.

Outside the window is completely overgrown with all sorts of plants, whoever owns this room definitely has something similar to a botanical garden in their backyard. Other from the light spilling from this room, there doesn't seem to be any artificial lighting that I could see.

The only light source would have to be from the moon and stars flickering in the sky but even that is mostly obstructed by the overgrown trees of the dense forest.

Although it's night, flowers are blooming ostentatiously and plants, intent on asserting themselves, grow vigorously. Something catches my eye though, all of the flowers are roses each emmiting their own extrely sweet scent. The amount of green leading to red hurts my eyes to see.

".........." It's as though this room isn't even connected to a house, but instead in the middle of a dense forest filled with roses.

Upon this though I manage to not fall to my knees as I cough up blood from the pits of my stomach.

"I really don't like this smell now...."

The scent of the roses are giving me sudden flashes of memories, unpleasant memories. People say trees are soothing to the eye but really they've never lived out in nature. I realize this now.

Wait....I realize this now? What does that mean? I've never ever lived in a forest before in my life, wait.....who am I again? Why are my thoughts so complex-

Install memories

"Hnng! G-guh........" I face a terrible headache, one similar to the one I felt back at that white room.

From what it feels like, my memories have been installed yet again. This time inside a place even with these memories I'm not familiar with, this is totally different from the white room I'm occasionally in.

Now looking at it, the entire room is filled with a mismatched of colours. Blue, black, brown, white, every colour of all kind fills this room to the brim. On top of all that, red is the colour you would see the most.

There are blood stains on the walls, with each rose pile there is always at least one flower which would seem like it had already withered.

"Guessing this is another run in with the supernatural, if that's the case there's gotta but something which initiated it. Whoever brought me here, come out!"