Vol 1 Epilogue

Golden Time

"......"

"............."

What the hell this is like, super awkward! We've been walking side by side like this for how long now!?

Even after school, both of us went up to the roof together and now we're basically back at the door! How can two people's thoughts line up so well?!

"This is so troublesome..." I sigh as I open the door to step onto the roof. I stretch upon being greeted by the evening sun.

We took a few detours to buy some cup ramen to eat, I normally ate the 'But*man' brand so naturally that's what we went with since neither of us actually ate lunch. I for one forgot lunch was a thing, while my partner here..... didn't want to eat lunch at all.

We've already warmed up our cup ramen with boiling water while walking to the rooftop anyway so they should be just about ready at this point. I don't know the exact time since it doesn't say, but I normally go for 3 minutes or so since that seems to be always the right time. My hand has developed a sort of heat resistance from holding boiling hot cup ramen all the time, not to mention my tongue is basically immune to hot temperatures already.

I've never gotten sick of eating shit like this, if anything I ate it on a weekly basis back at home because of the amount of time I spent on games inside my room. Basically I'd take a bite out and then head back to gaming, that's as the sequence of which things went in but now I couldn't do that.

Ever since coming to this school, it's been impossible to get my hands on a decent yet cheap gaming console even with the absurd cash I have just on my person. I suppose I just want to spend more time with people, besides I'm quite sure no one could beat the high scores I left behind in my gaming career anyway.

"I thought the roof was off limits." I stare at the blond hair girl beside me as I lean against the bars of the roof.

These bars are mainly put here to prevent incidents of suicide, a smart move by the school but then again most schools in Japan already have these as far as I'm concern.

"Right back at you. Why are you complaining now when three people have already been up here? Sensei, you and Ayanokouji." She finally speaks as she blows on her ramen before eating it.

"Fair point. Also why didn't you use honorifics? Are we perhaps close to Ayanokouji in any way?" I throw a smug look at Kaneko as I too begin to eat my own cup ramen.

Instant food isn't very healthy for the human body but it's good as a sustenance nonetheless. Especially when you need quick easy to prepare food, that's where instant food comes in handy. Take canned food for example, the reason why we heat then up is because we normally eat things warm anyway, not many know you can eat canned food by itself just fine.

"I don't see a reason to use honorifics, we're all human beings no? We should treat eachother fairly, no one is above anyone after all." She sits down onto the floor to feel more comfortable.

Frankly my legs are giving out so I do the exact same, placing my bag in between me and her while at the same time being next to her school bag. Our distance is separated from two school bags, it's a pretty anime-like situation but I'm not complaining.

"Fuh......" If someone were to find us here there's no doubt we'd get in trouble. The whole class would be static if that happened but for now this is a good feeling.

"....."

"Hmm? What is it?" Kaneko has been staring at me while eating her ramen for awhile now.