Vol 3 Chapter 3.4

Enemies of one's self

Episode 0; Akasuki Masaki

A cave opening similar to that of a devil's mouth on the mountainside, such a familiar sight is in front of me. Two temporary toilets and one shower room are near the entrance, this place is much different from the time I went here before.

"Ugh, can't see shut from here..."

"Don't say that Kaneko-san, let's go and take a better look."

What Masaki just said is easier said than done. Obviously we wouldn't be able to see anything inside the cave while trying to maintain distance, as much as I hoped for that to be the case. None of us knew anyone from class-A aside from Soranyan which is not a good start, on top of that they must be cautious right now.

This is gonna be a pain in the ass, it all bets if they put too much suspicion on us or not and something tells me that'll happen. Thus this whole plan is gonna depend whether or not she shows herself, if not this is going to be awkward as fuck.

"They're class-A, we weren't expecting an easy fight from the beginning. There's nothing we can do about that."

With that the four of us come out of our hiding spots and begin to approach the cave as casually as possible, but not enough to draw suspicion.

"Geez....what are we doing? There's not much we can gain from hiding and not being able to see anything in the cave but seriously you're jumping the gun a bit aren't you?"

"Of course, it was my plan to plant a cloth there as a trap so I want to see how effective it was as a mysterious warning. Besides you said it yourself, we gain nothing from hiding so why not go and say hi?" I'm not about to turn tail and run yet.

"You're awfully calm 'bout this. Got a plan in case it goes to shit?"

"Nope! I'm going off my instincts, do you not trust me or something?"

"Not at all. You're some intelligent dumbass who barged into my sweet time so naturally I have my own doubts about most of your decisions."

Kane glares at me with cold and terrifying eyes before reverting back her lazy eyes, that quick shift alone was enough to send chills down my spine though. I pretend to ignore her glare while accelerating my walking speed, she must be pissed she doesn't have a chance to smoke for a week and it's only been a day! No doubt it'll get worse.

As we approach the entrance, naturally some of the class-A students who were hanging around there became aware of our presence and suddenly went quiet. They must be seriously being careful at this moment in time, my cloth message must have got them on their toes the moment they discovered it.

However another problem has risen from the depths, inside the cave are several vinryl joined together into one giant trap. No wonder I couldn't see anything from where we were, it was because of this trap! Even from here it's borderline impossible to see anything unless you can see through objects.

"Who are you guys? Which class are you from?"

A voice calls out to us from the crowd of people who were hanging out at the entrance. A rather familiar voice at that, one of the two people who found this cave in the first place seems to be present.