Vol 1 Chapter 5.2

Gang of failures

I enter the class with a puzzled expression, every stares at me with nervous eyes as if I'm Chabashira-sensei or something. It's not like this time I'm thinking about the class, in fact I'm thinking about what Ray-chan just told me.

"Listen up, this school judges students by merit right? Don't you think it's weird that gaining class points is actually quite easy?"

It wasn't something worthless at all, she gave me a legit question to ponder. Presumably she's from class-B, the second highest class in each year. Class-B currently isn't having trouble so no need to worry about Ray-chan for the time being, besides she can handle herself.

Still, on paper the criteria for gaining class points is quite difficult, but actually it's nothing more than a walk in the park. Thankfully she reminded me of a point I completely ignored.

How many class points do we obtain from tests and exams?

I only thought of the question but not the quantity, she must have been spying on me up there for awhile to read my thoughts. For example, if you got 100 class points for everyone passing an exam, doesn't that seem too generous? If I had to guess, one class point is given per student that gets a passing grade. In terms of our class, we get 41 class points if everyone passes which will spike us to 499, that'll already push us over class-C.

However the worst case in this scenario will now come into picture. We know what happens if a student fails an exam, they get expelled that much is obvious. The catch is what happens to our class points if that happens? Do they get deducted?

I'm not taking any chances, thanks Ray-chan for reminding me this. Now I have to out plan-A into motion, I'll just have to talk with the others after classes have ended for the day.

°°°

Classes have finally ended, needless to say we didn't go in depth into any learning material. Turns out this school really wants us to study by ourselves, though the teachers's study tactics are effective to say the least. No jokes, no stories, only education at this school.

I must commemorate them but I'll save it for another time. Right now I just have to save this dumb ass class from expulsion.

"Everyone, I know all of you must have things to do right now since classes ended, but I want you all to stay, especially you Koenji. There's something important I want to talk about with all of you." I stand up from my seat. With hands in my pockets, I slowly approach the teacher's podium to stare down at everyone with a still expression.

Everyone is in shock, probably because I've finally decided to take action after days. Sudou was just about to leave as well, however since I'm still a friend of his, he's still willing to lend an ear. Though Ike and Yamauchi look like they're about to piss their pants, they might have developed some trauma for me, how cute~

"So what is it you want to talk about, Sugihara-sama?" Masaki is of course the first one to speak up. She's been through my harsher phases so what happened a few days back doesn't bother her at all. I'm thankful to have such an understanding assistant.

"Yeah I'll get to it right no-"

"Why should we ever listen to you? You're the one who threw our class points out the window! We would've more class points if you weren't in this class!" One of the defects bravely stood up and protests against me.

Although I admire her spirit, this isn't the time for idle chit-chat. I think her name is... Shinohara Satsuki.

"True true I've done enough I guess. But seriously do you think this class can survive this school without my help? For god sake this class is so idiotic it makes me barf, you guys might have even gotten 0 class points if it weren't for me." I lower my voice to intensify the situation at hand. All Shinohara could do is sit back down and quietly listen to what I have to say now.

I never thought being a leader would be this tiring, I've never taken the initiative before so this is a new experience. If I were Ray-chan...how would I start this discussion off?

"Now I'll cut to the chase as I'm sure all of you have shit to do, especially you Sudou. Anyway I want everyone in this class to be part of a study group, everyone except Koenji at the very least."

Since I have an idea of how big of a narcissist Koenji is, there's no stopping him after her outs his mind on something. It's more or less his choice if he wants to join or not, then again it doesn't matter if he interferes with my plan.

"A study group? I see the advantages to forming one but isn't there too many students here for a study group?" Hirata is the first one to ask me the question I've been preparing for.

"Certainly, there's a total of 41 students in this class and excluding Koenji it's still 40. However it's not like we're all have. Big study session. In fact I want all of you to divide into groups of 5, 8 people per group should be good." I grab a chalk and start writing on the board. One by one, names of the students appear on the board with incredible speed.

"The tutors for each study group will be Hirata, Horikita, Kushida, Yukimura, Masaki and myself. I'll be leaving group study 1 to Hirata, study group 2 is left to Horikita, study group 3 is left to Yukimura, number 4 will be led by Kushida and Masaki and finally group study five is left to me. If the group tutors have any questions, feel free to ask either me."

I look over the students once again. These groups are purposely divided into people who've never talked with one another. The only except is my group consisting of myself, Sudou, Ayanokouji, Miyake Akito, Hasebe Haruka, Sakura Airi, Mori Nene and Matsushita Chisaki. Nearly of of these students I have a form of connection with but I have great reasons for this.

"Do the group distribution look strange? Well that's because I've placed all of you with people you've never conversed with before. This study session won't be used just to increase your knowledge, but also your circle of friendship."

"W-woah...you've really thought this out!"

"Amazing! There's no way we can fail the midterms now!"

And now they suddenly have faith in me. I don't understand this group of idiots but they're easy to manipulate, that's all that matters.

"But when will we have these study sessions? I still have club activities ya know?" Sudou brings up another question as he stands by the door, ready for the signal to leave.

"That's up to the tutors. One more thing, I advise the tutors make group chats within the chatting app so you all can discuss the time together. If possible start today, I'll be asking for photos from the tutors tonight and if there isn't I'll be talking to them personally before curfew."

That was a bit of a threat but thankfully no one caught on. It'd be bad if people start pissing themselves once again.

"That'll be all for today's class meeting. Oh I'll be preparing a test about next week so be sure to study. This who fail that test will be having a 12 hour long study session with me! Now as for you Sudou, you may go now."

My classmates gulp at the thought of having a half a day hour study session with a person like me as I let out an evil grin.

"Anyhow, Masaki meet me at this location later tonight. There's something I want to speak with you about if that's cool, well less speak and more hang out. Don't worry, we'll be back before curfew." I send a text to Masaki as she nods.

"Now you're free to do whatever the hell you want. And remember, you tutors better do your job or you'll be forced to face a rocket punch from yours truly!"

I attempt to lighten the mood which works flawlessly as I head back to my seat and pick up my bag. I exchanged my contact information Ray-chan so I give her a call about today.