Vol 1 Chapter 5.1

Gang of failures

It's the first weekend of May, Ike and his group has became more obedient. I haven't managed to regain my position as the class leader, not like I did anything with it really. I still have the full supports of some of my personally known classmates, such as Hirata, Mii-chan, Matsushita, Mori, Ayanokouji , Horikita and finally Sudou.

Though the last two are only to some extent they still disagree with my methods but it's not like this is the first time. My methods of solving things generally aren't the best, they're the most logical answer that would benefit everyone but often these methods could be improved.

Computer brains have their downfalls and this is mine, I think way too logically for my own good. I can think of the multitude of issues in the past I solved where a better method should have been used, I regret being such a dense being but that's how things are. My defects are nothing to laugh at, they're serious and I know it. I'm just always so burnt out to fix my defects even though I'm capable of doing so.

Although most of the class has become at least a little obedient, there are still some of my classmates who struggle to keep up with the lessons. Sudou for example, he's trying his best to stay awake but I can always tell laziness is getting to him.

It's good how everyone is trying, but I know they're just scared of me. They don't acknowledge me as their leader just yet, I need to take action.

"W-woah...!"

As I'm spacing out here, I could hear a loud sound coming from the direction of Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

Usually people would start whispering slightly, but all they do is take a few glances before looking back at Chabashira-sensei. I wonder what made him so worked up for? Could it have been Horikita? If so, I'll have to punish her after I win our bet.

"What is it Ayanokouji? You shouted. Is this your sudden rebellious age?"

It's creepy how quiet everyone is, most of them have extremely tensed expressions with the exception of me, Ayanokouji, Koenji and Hirata. Even Horikita has some sweat running down her neck, she must be thinking back to a few days ago.

Also that mathematical compass in her hand, is that what she used to stab Ayanokouji? It would explain the sudden shout because of a sense of pain or shock. It also explains the hole in his arm, he should get that bandaged up later.

As soon as classes ended, I was invited by Masaki for lunch but I kindly reject her proposal. I said I wanted some alone time to think which is what exactly need right now.

I'm now standing on the rooftop of the school. Looking over the distance, I sit down and admire the view. The main school building is actually unbelievably tall, that may sound like an exaggeration but compared to most schools in Japan, this one takes the cake for both height and size but a wide margin.

Up here, I'm constantly greeted by birds of different breeds, they even fly towards me and land on the back end of my hand.

"The sounds of birds is charming and all, but the noise of students having fun is irritating. Sure I'm glad they're having fun but they're too loud..." I've always been an animal man. I always prioritize animals over humans, give me a choice as to who to save when two beings are hanging off a cliff, and I'll save the animal first.