Vol 2 Chapter 4.1

Prediction after prediction

"Why....  Why is it still so fucking hot?!"

Today is just another scorching day at the Advanced Nurturing High School. I never knew global warming could do this to a man and as someone who's lived inside an air-conditioned room, I can feel the charisma slowly draining out of me each time I'm outside the school building. It's starting to get old.

The moment I left the dorm, the lobby, hot air attacked me from the front. I've been enduring the pain if my burning skin for what feels like an eternity. I've always hated the hot weather and that opinion will never ever change, it's not even the burning skin part that I hate! It's the fact I have to burn my nostrils by breathing in this hot, humid air!

I'm not even aiming to walk towards the school yet, for now I'm focused on going over a life saving vending machine to buy myself a cold soft drink. Yeah yeah I've drank one yesterday already but if Ray-chan can drink cola every single day and not have any side effects yet, I'm sure diabetes isn't a thing in the world I live in.

"Finally...! After so long....I can finally- w-wait... it's sold out?!" The moment I reach the vending machine and look into the options I had while searching for the drink I want, the much needed lamune was entirely sold out!

NOOOOO! I needed that to survive in this heat! And this is literally the only vending machine in this fucking school that has lamune! Who bought it?! Who bought all of my life juice from this giant rectangular shaped machine from me?!

Is this some sort of punishment from God, a message that diabetes is actually real in my world?!

Poke

"Ahhhhhhh! Who is that?! Who's the little nimwit that stole every single bit of life juice from my person?!"

"Ah! S-sorry!" Eh? Oh it's just Masaki....holding an entire package full of lamune....

"...... Give it."

After an awkward exchange, I snatch a bottle of lamune away from the package. Quickly opening it and chugged it without a second thought, it's sweet and sour at the same time but best of all is that it's cold!

A cold drink like this is very much needed in an environment with scorching hot heat. Even if I were to stick myself against the cold surface of the vending machine to warm up my body and breath cold air instead of hot air, I'd still be dying of thirst so once again my faithful assistant has saved my skin!

"Thanks Masaki! Could never do anything without yo- whoa why are you crying there?!" Perhaps because I called her a nimwit earlier but Masaki shrunk back and is basically crying while staring at me.

She's completely frozen in place, I didn't think I snapped that badly at her before noticing it was actually her. I feel like an ass.

"L-look I'm sorry! I was just possessed by the heat demon of the 1900s! Trust me I wasn't mad at you, just living in this heat drove me crazy please believe me!" I prostrate myself in front of her as she's still sobbing in front of me.

"This is a sad sight. What the hell are you doing here, dumbass?" I shift my gaze towards a familiar voice.

It's Kane! And she doesn't seem to be wearing her typical jacket either, I've noticed that when summer came. It's likely because she's not a fan of summer heat either, wearing a jacket could kill her like me but now I've got confirmation that she wears a short sleeve shirt underneath her jacket! That means absolutely nothing though!

"Ahem. I see you're here too Kane. Help me cheer up Masaki please!" After regaining my composure I stand up and put my hands together before the blonde shorty.

"Tch, why do I have to do this!"

"Fine, I'll do it myself! M-Masaki, if you stop crying I'll make sure to buy you the favourite cream pie you like so much!"

"Cream pie!"

I can sense the dirty disgusted look of Kane behind my back as she heard the word 'cream pie'. She has a pretty dirty mind despite being a maiden, more like a maiden of hell if you ask me but at least Masaki is cheered up now! You do not get enough screen time my assistant!

"Now that's dealt with...why are you two here? I thought you girls would be in class already."

"That goes for you too, Sugihara-sama. But I guess you were just here to buy drinks... umm would you like another lamune?" Masaki hands me another bottle of lamune to which I obviously snatch it from her hand and begin to drink it.

"Eh, I wanted to walk around for a bit. The class has gone into a complete debate over if lizards are better than anime girls."

I have several questions about that. Is it a debate over if lizards girls are better than anime girls or is it literally about normal scaly skin lizards?

"Oh I know about this. Apperantly Ike-kun's sexuality suddenly shifted and now he's into lizards, specifically male ones." What. The. Actual. Fuck?

I'm super concerned for that man. On the bright side he's not going to go after women as often as he did before now but on the bad side that could stir up some real big misunderstandings and strange events. When did he even develop this weird ass fetish?!

He's even more defective than defective now! There's no getting rid of a fetish once it makes its way into your life, at the end of the day we're dudes which means we have it the absolute roughest when it comes to dealing with fetishes. It's just borderline impossible!!!

".....I need a word with that man. He may have gone beyond the point of no return but that doesn't matter! I can still compress his fetish will every bit of power I have in me- urk!"

"Shut the fuck up dumbass! You'll attract the attention of unwanted bystanders at this point asshole!" Kane smacks me by the side of the head which makes me whimper in pain.

A second later I hear laughter from Masaki's direction. It's been awhile since she's laughed like this, a year? Two years? No, six total years since her last laughter.

Is it possible that....no way....

"He, he, he.....you two are so fun to be around. I hope the three of us can become great friends can become great friends!"

She....her emotions... I didn't notice it earlier but they're back...?