Vol 1 Chapter 7.3

Mobilizing the failures

"So you were just walking to the shop so you could print something for your study group....then the owner realized that you're exactly his type on the surface and called in his guys in. After that he attempted to force himself upon you to which you resisted, however their numbers and strength on top of the small room left you at a disadvantage and you eventually lost your footing. They pinned you against the wall ass faced towards them until I came along and beat those little shits up. Did I get that right?"

After the incident that transpired a few moments ago, me and Masaki decided to go cool off in a nearby cafe. I heard this place is pretty popular around here so I wanted to check it out anyway.

The queue is long as well which means this place meets it's expectations already on the outside. Now it's about the inside before I start coming here daily to eat breakfast with morning coffee or tea, something like that will happen if the service is at least somewhat decent. I know, my standards are low.

However when it comes to food, especially after a fight, my standards are low in general. You could give me food that tastes like literal shit and I would shove it down the pipe, though I may cry tears of sadness in the process. On the other hand if you give me food that tastes amazing, I'll personal send you vast amounts of points in a blink of an eye.

In conclusion one of the only things that can rival my love of games could be eating delicacies.

"Yeah that's about it, I'm so glad you came....I was so afraid if what would happen to me if you didn't." True, she might be good at fighting but even I had a hard time in a confined space like that. It's no wonder she may have tripped, besides those three guys were jacked! Normally one punch would be enough but it took a minimum of three each, if they were my bodyguards they would be payed extra for surviving one punch that's for sure!

High praise from me doesn't mean squat though, I don't know the difference between a normal man and a heavy weight boxer because of the environment I was raised in anyway.

"No need to thank me. Just seeing a sight like that awakened something within me...I can't tell what it is but whatever it was, it pissed me off."

"Hmm? It.... awakened something in you? Sugihara-sama.... don't tell me you're into that."

"Wha?! No no no! You're mistaken my fellow assistant! What I meant was the thought of them stealing your virginity angered me, I was not thinking it another way!"

I say that but there's this one time she walked in on me playing a....pretty naughty eroge. She's never trusted my well being when it comes to women since then, it was funny but depressing at the same time.

Eventually our turn finally came. I look through the menu and find a good number of delicious looking delicacies. My mouth might be watering right now which is why I'm keeping a finger on my lips while I decide, Masaki on the other hand has already decided what she wanted, almost as if she was planning on coming here before we met up.

"Sugihara-sama I want this." Masaki points towards one of the many drinks on the menu as I nod, signalling my acknowledgement.

"Alright good sir I'd like to have the royal milk tea, while this girl here shall have the roasted green tea. Oh and if you don't mind I'll be paying right now for the both of us." I pull out my student ID as the staff confirms our order.

The price isn't that bad, only about 600 private points which is reasonably cheap. Cheaper than I expected at least despite the amount of customers here, you'd think they'll raise the prices to earn more but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Eventually our drinks arrive as I take hold of the tray and ask Masaki to find us a seat. This place is basically a full house at this point!

Despite that there are some empty chairs at certain tables, though most of them have either a creepy dude already there or a chaotic band of idiots. Hang on that's Ike and his gang nevermind, besides there's only one seat there so only I would fit. I want two seats at a table with someone who is calm and soothing....

"Ummm hello? Are these two seats occupied?" As I was stuck in thought, I hear the voice of my fellow assistant and turn my head towards here.

"Ah no, you can take them if you want."

"Thank you! Sugihara-sama, I found us some seats!" She seems to be conversing with another girl.

This certain girl has mid-back length silver hair that has black ribbons tied behind it. She also possesses light purplish eyes. She's pretty cute actually, I adore her hair and she seems pretty chill. Exactly the type of person I want to sit with to drink tea!

I smile at the girl before seating myself down next to the window. It's a good view, you can stare outside as you drink or eat. It's also a more secluded spot, with most of the people in this corner being the more level headed and quiet ones.

"A pleasure to meet your acquaintance. I am Masaki Akasuki, maid of the Sugihara household and assistant of Sugihara Daisuke, the boy sitting next to me." Masaki bows before seating herself down.

"Yeah what she said, nice to meet you...uhh?"

"Shiina Hiyori, it's a pleasure meet the two of you." Ugh! That smile of hers is so pure! It makes me want to protect her like she's a cute white kitten!

No! Gotta make up appearances... can't fall victim to cuteness of a girl!

"L-likewise Shiina! Anyhow thanks for lending us these seats, you must have wanted to sit alone so I'm sorry for intruding on you."

I apologize for the intrusion before blowing on my tea to drink it. It has a certain golden tint to it, that might not be the exact right choice of words. Well no matter, this looks good enough so I'm excited what it's gonna taste like!

"Oh no, I've heard of the two of you and it'd be rude of me to leave you searching. Oh feel free to call me Hiyori by the way, seeing as the three of us are friends now!"

"Ah thank you so much, Hiyori-san!" The two girls giggle softly as I fix my gaze on the tea I ordered.

Eventually it got warm enough to he point I can drink it without burning my tongue, at least that's what it feels like...well one way to find out.

I bring the cup close to my mouth and begin to take small sips out of it. I widen my eyes at the delicious taste of the drink  as I place it back down onto its place.

"Ah this is shit...." I mutter to myself, after what happened earlier I really needed this cool my shoes. I look over to Hiyori and Masaki to see them having fun chatting about stuff, book titles by the looks of things.

Watching her talk about something she's interested in, it makes me unconsciously smile as I take another sip of my tea.

"I wish these days could last forever...."