Vol 3 Chapter 6.1

The final curtain

Episode 0.1; Ghost

August 7th, finally it's time for this island exam to be over. Gotta say, it was fun while it lasted, the time I had here will be remembered for the next hour or so I'm stuck on the ship until we return back to school. I can't say everyone else had fun on my part but at least they must have found it entertaining at some times.

"We’re now tallying up the test results. Please wait a moment. Feel free to use the rest area if you would like, or have a drink." Score, I've been dying to drink something else other than  fresh water from the river.

I take this opportunity to slowly and stealthily sneak away from the class, only having Kujou follow close behind me. If we're given a chance to sneak in a drink count me in! Cola, bepsi and anything like that would do right now, I haven't had anything sweet at all so I'm practically rotting.

"Let's see....what do they have here?"

"Yo, here for a drink too?" I turn my head towards a familiar voice while tilting my head.

It's Kane, the real Kane in her actual body this time. She's sitting on a table taking a sip on a can of bepsi while swinging her legs back and forth, I didn't even know she snuck away like me to grab a soft drink.

"Kaneko-san, yes we're just here to have a soft drink just like you."

"Hmm, suit yourself then."

She goes back to sipping on her bepsi instead of drinking it in one go, she must be enjoying the taste while she can.

I'm more surprised she hasn't gone immediately for the cigarettes, she has the time to slip in a quickie so it's strange to me why she isn't doing it. Did she already give up on it? I doubt that much, she has the look of wanting to smoke when she gets back later, though it's much less potent than before.

I approach the freezer and take out two bottle of lamune. Throwing one out towards Kujou while I pop the top off with a finger. You couldn't guess what a concoction of drinks would taste this good but it's the undeniable truth, I have a thing for sweet yet sour drinks so this fits the bill nearly perfectly.

"It was fun huh? Lots of shit happened, I'm sure you enjoyed most of the experiences we had on this island."

"It's less enjoyment actually, but it was pretty fun especially at the start. I got to learn how to make a camp fire and other such outdoor skills, I'm already satisfied and we haven't even seen the results yet."

"That's right! It was so fun I forgot about the fact that this was a test!"

I'll likely forget about this later so might as well think back to what I did- actually I'll save that for later. Obviously explaining everything to everyone in this entire school year would be excessive, I've made agreements to explain my strategy thoroughly to a few people and I intend to make those promises.

Stuff will only get harder from here, I've set my expectations way higher than what it's supposed to be and frankly it makes me nervous for what's about to come in the future. Who knows, maybe I'll be the target of some terrorist attack and become the butt of the joke in seconds.

"You played your part of leader better than expected, I'm impressed at what a dipshit like you could do when he gets serious."

"Oh Kane! You make me wanna blush, praise me more!"

"Tch nevermind you're still an moron."

She's right though, I somehow managed to keep everyone on the island so there shouldn't be any drop of points from yesterday night. The Koenji was kept here because of me, although he wasn't very helpful I doubt there's many people who can sit that big guy down.

Another impressive feat is Kane herself, the fact I kept her here is even more unbelievable than Koenji actually.

On the first day of the exam I could tell she wanted to leave as quickly as possible, so I pushed her further and further from the edge so she couldn't dropout. Ultimately it came down to whether Kane wanted to stay or not, I'm glad she chose to though.

I also witnessed Ghost for the first time, it was a...strange encounter, starting off by sucking eachother off but it ended on a reasonable note. One I could tolerate at least. I wonder if I asked her to bring Ghost out, would she?

"Hey Kane, mind if you bring out Gh- ah!" I barely dodge blow from Kane, her fist grazing my hair as I stare at it swat by.

"W-watch where you're swinging Kaneko-san! That could have actually knock Daisuke out!"

"It was his damn fault for suddenly speaking a sensitive topic! I swear, this guy's ego is gonna be the death of him."

I'm still surprised by Kane's level of physical strength. It goes far beyond that of Horikita's and seems to be more impressive than Sudou even, what the fuck is this woman's power level!

"We'll call it truce for the next two hours! Here, I'll even treat you to a drink!"

"These drinks are free ya fuck!! I will take it but I'm not holding a truce with a dumbass like you." No dice huh?

For all the shit she says about me, I'm sure she still cares for my well-being....maybe. It's a stretch but I know for a fact she still cares since she didn't want Ghost to start piercing her nails into my body. The bleeding stop and the wounds healed, no noteworthy injuries so it's all good.

"Heh? Daisuke, turn your head a bit."

"Huh? Like this?" I do as Kujou tells me as she comes over and stares at my neck again.

"The cut has gotten slightly longer.... About a millimeter or two, you wouldn't be able to tell from a distance."

I did feel a little bit of pain from waking up this morning near an area around my neck, thought it was just a mosquito or something but it was really that strange cut huh?

I don't remember seeing it at the start of the school year but usually you don't feel pain until you see the scar for yourself. Thankfully the cut isn't deep, otherwise I would have died by now.

"It doesn't look like it's changed too much..... You should be more careful with yourself."

"I will! I mean, who wouldn't be careful especially when their grandpa literally tried to beat the living crap out of them."

"I won't even ask about the crap you go through. It's about time we go back to the others now."

The three of us finish our drinks before making our way back towards our class.