Vol 2 Chapter 1.1

Tumultuous Trouble

Mornings in the life of class-D are always quite lively, not to the point where it's unbearable though. Most of the students in the class have become much more studious compared to what they were like when school first took place. They're slightly more raucous than usual. There's a good reason for this and why I haven't stepped in to stop them yet, it's the first day of July which meant we received some extra points from the school's S-system.

This school, the “Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing HighSchool,” has adopted an unprecedented system known as the S-Point System. I’ll explain that in a bit

All I have to do is take out my smartphone, launch the pre-installed school app and enter my student ID and password then select "balance inquiry" from the menu. From here, you could do a multitude of thins such as, checking how many points you posses as an individual, and how many collective points the whole class has. I also recently found out about this other feature where you could send a certain amount of your own points to another student.

There are two kinds of "points", both of which serve different purposes. One of them is marked as "CL", which is short of "class". They're also referred to as "class points", these are points that not an individual student posses, but rather am accumulation of points which were gained from hard work by a single class. These class points are responsible for the amount of points you would receive at the start of each month, 1 point equals to 100 private points.

Now onto the "private points". Private points are of course, points distributed to each individual student depending on how many class points the class has in total. These are typically used to purchase your daily necessities, meals and other things of the sort. At this school, each private point is worth a single yen, meaning they're a form of currency.

If you somehow ran out of private points, you'd have to live a day without buying shit. You can't use real currency anywhere on campus given you've managed to bring some in. Due to my spending habits, my points were cut in half basically on the first day of school which was a huge bummer but I eventually adjusted into this new environment.

When we first started, we had 1,000 class points.

Because of a decision I made that saved the class, we ended up with about 400 or so points instead of exactly 500. Blame my classmates for that all I want but after the midterm we somehow got enough points to overtake class-C.

In addition to our monthly allowance, these points also represents a class's merit. In a descending order from A to D, these class points are basically what puts us in our place. In the event a certain class manages to have more class points than another class, they'd be promoted to that ass's position while the opposite would happen to the opposing class. Moreover, should we finally find our way to class-A by graduation, we'd have the chance to attend a college of our choice or get the job we want.

When I first heard of this S-system, I had many doubts about it from the beginning. Not from the way you gain points those were pretty self explanatory, in fact it was how you could use your points.

You see I understood that our homeroom teacher, Chabashira-sensei wasn't kidding when she said we could buy literally anything at this school using points. My question is how far will that anything go? For example, is it possible to purchase test points using private points? If so, how much will it cost? Would it be possible to exchange private points to transfer a person to another class? The word anything stretches out further than you would think.

"Good morning everyone. You all seem to be adjusting into a new class faster than I would have imagined."

Chabashira-sensei strides into the class as the bell for homeroom rings.

"Haha! After the hell we went through to pass the midterms, as if changing class could sting us anymore!" Ike says with a happy smile. Oi oi, did he forget he still needs to study like before? As if I'll let him go that easily after one small exam.

"Good point, good to see this class has started to show some growth already."

"Well that's all thanks to Sugihara-kun right everyone?" Karuizawa says with confidence as all the girls giggle while I earn some glares from the guys.

I've been in the middle back spacing out for such a long time I didn't even notice the glares, I'm just looking out for anything important. Although I haven't taken action as the class's leader in such a long time, I have had my ear out for anything that could attack the class. I've also sent Masaki, my personal assistant, on several scouting missions and she hasn't reported much for the time being.

"Well without further ado, here are this month's point total."

She puts up a paper on the board that listed the point values of each class, with class-A at the top. All classes have gained about 100 more class points since last month, though class-C, our class now pretty much sticks out.

"1038 class points with A-class huh? Wow, I suppose Soranyan really puts into work eh?" My twin sister, Sugihara Solaris, was appointed to class-A while I'm stuck in D. She apperantly took charge with another certain someone during the midterm, thus nearly everyone in the class managed to obtain a 100/100 in scores.

"This isn’t good. Could they have figured out a way to increase their point total?!"

Horikita Suzune, my neighbor seems solely focused on the other classes unlike most people. She's someone with the dream of ascending to class-A by the end of the year, a foolish get admirable dream, though she had to put that down the for the time being because of a certain price she had to pay.

"Oi Horikita, stop focusing on the other classes so much and just take a note of the points for later." I decided to talk for once and directed my statement at the raven girl, who instantly shrinks back with a cold sweat.

For context, me and Horikita made a bet whereby whoever gets a higher score on the midterm would become the loser's master until graduation. Long story short I won by a long shot which sent Horikita into a false sense of security, fortunately for her I don't intend to do anything sexual and she's just getting worked up over nothing. It's good that she values her pride so much though. But that's not important.

I continue to scan over the paper before coming over to a certain class, our current class which is C has about 570 class points now while the former class-C, now class-D has 550 class points. It's cutting it close but at least it's enough to pass through and overtake them.

"I know it was announced about a week ago but man does it feel good to overtake class-D!"

"Don't celebrate too early Ike. The other classes got similar results and to add on class-D is only 20 points behind us, a little slip up could demote us. Also we're still a far cry from class-A. This is just an award for getting past the midterm, nothing big really." I say which managed to shut Ike up. His good communication skills, although annoying are quite useful when you factor in he could improve to become a better human if I put more work into him. He's be valuable under circumstances unlike Mii-chan or Horikita who will be on the front of the war at all times.

"So that's what happened, I thought it was too early for the school to reward us with class points." Horikita doesn't seem pleased, sure we're closer to class-A now but the gap between the classes are too large with the exception of class-D and our class of course.

I check my balance once again and thank god the points have been distributed to us. If there were no points this time I would have filed a complaint, seeing nothing happened this time around.

"Now that's over with, let us continue on with homeroom." As Chabashira-sensei begins homeroom class, I get an urging feeling from Kaneko, a delinquent girl I met and became good friends with recently, give me a sign that screamed, "Meet me at the roof later at lunch."

Huh, that's odd. Did something happen behind my back?