Vol 3 Chapter 4.2

Fragile Fantasies

Episode 0; Ghost

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Living on an uninhabited island fucking sucks ass.

Maybe it's because I'm way too used to modern day technology and would rather coop up in my room rather than live on an island like a caveman. I had no knowledge of the outdoors at all despite being a master strategist, the reason being I never took part in any outdoor activiti clubs or classes and int op of that I wasn't the biggest fan of casual island survival games.

Sure I had a few games on the genre but I mostly swept them aside for others such as gacha and fighting. Above all else, I chose a single game to master above all else and even now I've only been defeated once in my lifetime.

Chess. It's such a simple game yet the real difficulty is in strategy. I won't go into the specifics but gradually I took an interest into chess-like games like Shogi or something similar to that.

The only time I've lost at chess was from an anonymous user, they left as soon as they entered into my life. I was never discouraged by it, I had no reason to feel discouraged is a better way to out it. I was believed to be the smartest, and is still regarded as such to this day but now I'm starting to have some doubts.

"Oi asshat, ya gonna pick up that branch or what?"

"Hmm? Oh sorry!"

"Tch, you were the one who started this so you of all people better not go procrastinating now." Kaneko Masako.

This girl's intelligence is possibly equal to mine in some way, I have no proof for that but I have a huge hunch. Her face is familiar but her tonw of speaking is a little, foul mouthed and I don't remember meeting anyone with such a mouth before.

Then again that personality of hers is a good point. She can be a ridiculous girl to converse with but all you need to do is talk with her a few times and you'll be good. She can be a good listener and gives incredible advice towards life, however her words can often drive you the wrong way.

For example if you do something wrong she could tell you to take a swan dive off a cliff as a threat for waking her up, trust me I have experience. She doesn't mean most of what she says, unless she's actually pissed at you then maybe she'll try to cut you with her nails.

"Hmmm....hey Kujou?"

"What is it, Daisuke?"

"Do you ever feel like you suddenly lost a part of yourself?"

"Eh.....what kind of question was that?" Kujou stares at me with a perplexed face. Holding sticks and branches in her hands, she tilts her head in my direction.

"Nothing, forget I ever asked anything. Come on let's get to making this roof!"

"O-ok, if you say so." The two of use rush back towards the campsite the moment we had enough branches, logs and sticks to make a roof for out bags.

Masaki....Masaki.....Akasuki Masaki.... For some reason this name keeps ringing in the back of my head as if it meant something to me, something important. I assumed I played too much of a certain game back at the ship for this to happen but I'm doubting that's the case now, well that doesn't matter if I can't remember this person of character for my life anyway.