Vol 3 Chapter 2.2

Crackling opportunities

Episode 0; Akasuki Masaki

"They could have told me the location more in detail...."

Everyone apperantly met at a potential spot to lay refuge, on told that there's supposedly a terminal nearby and also a river leading towards the ocean.

I'm currently wandering around the forest, following the marked location on the map on my wrist watch. I didn't know this earlier but apperantly some random idiot in my class messed with the watch a bit and found this function, whoever it was I should both thank them and kill them for doing that.

" A river....a river......tch. Dang it, it's gotta be in a place near the beach since we agreed to not enter too far into the forest....this mark is useless." I shut off my wrist watch the moment I enter the marked area.

Sure, the watch does help by marking off a certain area, however the mark is more like a gigantic circle on the map. I'm guessing they set it up this way so our lives on this damn island wouldn't be much easier.

"Ah! Sugihara! Over here!"

"Sudou? Guess I'm nearby." I slowly walk towards the sound of the voice with a light stretch.

Ah, now I can hear the others' voices... Wow this was basically a whole kilometre away from the cave I came from. The sound of the river is much more clear to me as well, they just finished setting up the tents by the looks of things so I'm not that Kate it appears.

"No wonder you guys found this place so quickly, it's practically a 10 minute walk away from the beach. I took the long route by the looks of things."

"Don't worry about such things, Sugihara-kun! Hirata-kun was able to lead us here without a single issue!" I'm greeted at the sight of Karuizawa Kei who's currently standing beside Hirata as she talks to me from a distance.

Some of the people here aren't really  doing much either because they're tired or just slacking off. There are a few people missing such as Horikita's group but I'm sure they're off to get some food or burnable branches for us.

"Man, this is huge! We can secure this spot really easily and there's fresh water nearby so we won't have to waste points on buying packages of mineral water." I was hoping one of the other groups would find this but  didn't think we'd find it in a day, I thought we would have to camo out somewhere random for a day.

I begin to walk around the camp, greeting a few of my classmates along the way as they bring in more and more branches to use for the campfire. The two portable toilets I purchased earlier are all set up in both the men and women's sections, the other toilet that Chabashira-sensei provided us with is set to the side for the time being.

As I stated earlier, the tents are set up along with the sleeping bags inside. These tents are surprisingly bigger than your average ones since they could possibly fit about 20 or so people, granted you do need to squeeze a bit but that's why there's two.

"Ah! King! Welcome back."

"Sup Ike. You're fishing for food huh?" If you look closely into the river, there are multiple fishes if different sizes swimming about in the water.

"Yup! Man! Rivers are great, fresh water to drink and fish to, well, fish all in the same place! The area here is perfect for camping too, there's like a bunch of branches nearby to light a campfire with!"

"Huh, didn't take you for the type of person who would be experienced with the outdoors, Ike."

All this came as a surprise to me. The impression Ike gave me before was an otaku who rarely ever went out of his house to shut himself in to masturbate all day. However now he sounds like a professional camper, just the person I need and it comes in the most unexpected form possible as one of the most perverted men in the class.