Vol 4 Chapter 3.1

No time for regrets

Episode 1; Kurenai Rayla

"Mmmm......nothing like a good stretch in the morning!"

Standing in the middle of the hallway, there lies me, Sugihara Daisuke of the soon to be class-B stretching my arms out forwards. People are walking by with either confused or aggressive glares, either way they're still glares that are directed in my direction which is making me pretty damn uncomfortable.

I'm waiting for an acquaintance of mine to arrive, I need this person's help with something since I can't handle both protecting Ray-chan and the intruders all at the same time. I'm a horrible person for involving other people in something they have no business in, involving the weak is something I don't normally do but it must be done.

I say I never involve the weak in my matters but the truth is every human is weak. We all have our own weaknesses which is what makes us weak, I may be physically strong and extremely intelligent but my heart can be snapped in seconds. I'm weak and I am aware of such, I am living precisely to perfect myself and rid myself of everything.

In a way you can say I want to be liberated, I want freedom to let loose and do everything and anything I could. Who is my enemy exactly? What could go wrong in this operation? These are questions only I can answer.

"All I can do is sit back and wait for the show to start, I can't do anything in a situation like this."

"Umm, Sugihara-kun? What are you muttering about?"

"Aaaahh! Oh, it's just you Mako. You shouldn't sneak up on people like that! I nearly got a heart attack...."

"Huh? Well you looked like you were so deep in thought, I guess you didn't notice me standing next to you this entire time."

I feel like a disgrace, well nevermind my own depressing thoughts for the time being. I have a job to do and I intend to carry it out as planned.

This girl, Watanabe Mako, she's a mature peer of mine and an extremely understanding person. No wonder Ray-chan took interest in her, well I can use her kindness to my advantage and blackmail her if I wanted to but I can't trick such a beautiful woman.

"Come on, let's go for a walk while we talk. This could take awhile so if you get hungry or thirsty just say it, I'll be paying for everything you need to get your cooperation."

"Oh, well I could go for a drink right about now.... there's a cafe on the third floor isn't there? Let's go there since it's the closest place to grab a drink."

T

he two of us begin to walk towards the cafe while starting a casual conversation to lighten the mood before I start.

I'm holding a bag full of cola in my right arm but it doesn't seem like she's into sweet drinks, I'll keep that in mind when we order the drinks. Whatever the case, these cola aren't meant to use as firearms but instead actually drinking soda for Ray-chan who's likely still up on the roof.

It makes me anxious to leave her up there, everyone I talked to is busy with warning their classes to stay indoors as much as possible. My class seems to be doing well but class-D is having lots of doubts, it's up to the unreliable Ryuuen to control them so I shouldn't expect much. Either they get injured outside or they stay indoors, that simple.

"Welcome! Table for two I presume?"

"Yeah, please lead the way miss waitress!"

The waitress bows in our direction as we begin to approach an unoccupied table. This place is pretty easy going from the looks of things, it has a calm atmosphere and there isn't a lot of people here. It's the perfect spot to discuss something like this with an acquaintance.

"I'll have some....uhhh milk tea, what about you Mako?"

"Some warm roasted tea would be nice ma'am." The waitress nods, taking our orders to the counter.

Now we're left all alone at the back where no one could hear us. It's an even more perfect spot, this cafe really is the best spot to talk about totally not inconspicuous shit.

Either way, we should keep our voices on the down low, you never know when someone could be listening in on this important conversation. Keeping everything brief and quick would be my option here, alright we'll go with that.

"We should get started now. I assume you know about the terrorists onboard the ship thanks to both the school and Ichinose right?"

"This is what we're talking about? Well, of course I do. Do you perhaps have an idea of what they're after?"

"Yeah, it's Ray-chan. I won't get into detail but they're after her because of a dumb reason like kidnapping her so they wouldn't have to pay a debt."

"Eh? That's really serious....and they're after Rayla-chan? What do you need me to do?"

Mako's facial expression turns serious, completely contrast to her usual calm demeanor. This only goes to show how much she's willing to help me in this, that's something I can use to my advantage.

"She can't leave the rooftop of the ship, so I'd appreciate if you do thi- ah, can you lend me your ear really quick?"

"Hmm? Sure, what is it?"

I begin to whisper what my order the moment she lends me her ear. Mako's eyes widen in surprise before she slowly turns towards me with a head tilt, clear confusion is on her face since she can't really understand why I'm asking for this.

"It'd be good bait for the terrorists, it's dangerous and I know that but I don't think anyone else could pull this off. It'll take a lot to get down but there's no one else I can ask who has the exact body proportions!"

"E-eh...... it's such a strange request, but if this will help Rayla-chan then....alright, I'll be sure to do what you told me. Do we need to buy things for this? I don't think the colour of my hair matches her's very well...."

"I saw a few back in another store somewhere, they might be expensive but it's a small price to pay- oh our drinks!"

Our drinks finally arrive as I immediately stop our conversation. Both of our orders are served in small cups, it looks pretty rich so I'm not surprised why this place is so popular anymore.

Shame though, it could have been anywhere but it has to be on this fucking cruise ship. I wonder if there are other joints such as this one out there, I'll have to ask Soranyan about it sometime.

"We've talked just about everything I needed to tell you, now all we need to do is go but he shit we need after this. For now, let's indulge ourselves in this fine tea!"

"Why are you talking like that all the sudden? Umm...yeah! I'll be sure to play my part to keep Rayla-chan safe!"

Score.... that's another one down. Everything should be in order now, my victory should be guaranteed but for good measure I should probably-

"Hnnng! G-gaaa-!!!"

"Huh? Sugihara-kun? Sugihara-kun?! What happened?!  H-help! Get help!"

What happened? One second I was stuck in thought and the next my vision went hazy. This looks just like that vision I had about a forest and holding someone in my arms....but in that I had blood dripping all over me right?

Ugh, I'm sleepy already? This weight on my heart.....this isn't the time for regrets...not now...I just have to wake up....................

Install memories