Vol 1 Chapter 1.2

The school yet to be dreamed

The entrance ceremony was...boring. I imagine many of my peers felt the same way. I know these things are supposed to be important but there was too much time spent standing in lines, and with so many irritating things to deal with, this whole thing was nothing more than a useless pain in the ass.

The entrance ceremony for elementary school, middle school and high school all have the same meanings; the start of a major game that can barely be won by children. If you want to enjoy your time at school, the key factor here is to befriend those you find interesting. Failure in doing so marks the start of a shitty three years at high school.

As someone who just wants the freedom and free time to play games all day, I've decided to first establish a smooth relationship with some of my peers. First I should start with my classmates, which I have already succeeded in doing...well it was one but it was still a success!

Unfortunately I have literally no idea how to properly introduce myself! Last time I did that was in middle school and I fucked up so badly no one except Masaki wanted to talk with me for the whole school year!

I cannot afford for that to happen again!

I had ventured alone into a battlefield and now it's do or die. Someone like me just needs to be confident, just spout out your hobbies and what you like to do!

With my spirits now lifted, I look around the classroom and walked towards the seat that bore my nameplate. It's set in the bottom middle of the entire class, generally one of the best places to sit when you want to make friends. For example you can use the back seats to your advantage to gather information about your classmates and finally walk up to them and come up with a conversation starter.

As I sit down, I took a glance outside to the hallway. The hallway is still filled with students. The others were either immersed in their class materials or already talking with the other students in the class. So they've already made friends huh?

Well what should I do? Take action with the current free time I have? Normally I would spend it playing games but since I had to leave my gaming console behind, I have to bare without one for now.

"Hmm? Oh Masaki!" Someone I know! Looks like she's seated exactly in the front, a dangerous part of the classroom but for someone like her, I doubt this bothers her at all.

"Sugihara-sama, it's good to know you're alright. How are you liking the school so far?"

"Isn't that the type of question you should ask after a few hours or at least days of being here? Well to answer that, it's been terribly boring." Ahhh! I need to get to fingering right now! I can't go on this long without a gaming console, my fingers are itching just sitting here!

"Well I can see that. I'll leave it to you for the time being then, try to bare with me for now please." She must know about my pain of not having a gaming console, truly a magnificent assistant.

I was hoping to hold that conversation a bit longer but alas I understand how she feels. She wants to make friends too and with her looks, she definitely won't have any trouble in that department.

Certain people in the classroom exude an aura that screams, "Please be my friend, I'm lonely!" But you'll be bothering them if you just suddenly walked up to them. The harsh truth is you can't just wait for the right time to do so, you'll be beaten to the punch eventually and will be left friendless. However if you start a conversation with someone who is essentially a stranger to you, there's a chance you may mess up the conversation and even risk making a serious social gaffe.