Vol 1 Chapter 5.3

Gang of failures

Do you know when stars are always looking over you? Sometimes it's impossible to tell because of the clouds in the sky, but their judgement will always frown upon you no matter where you'll be.

I wonder, what's the difference between family and the stars? Well realistically, only one difference is to be noted. Although family will always be with you until death, the stars will always be separated from you even until the day you ultimately meet your demise.

The sun, it's a warm sphere of pure heat, it is the only reason us humans survived to this day. To those who warship gods, if the sun were to disappear right now, wouldn't everything on planet earth die in an instant? Your so called gods won't survive something like that either, isn't just bone chilling? Knowing something you look up to will disintegrate one day into mist.

My skin crawls just thinking of it, knowing one day everything and everyone will die. Even me....but if this is hell we're living in, what's beyond death?

We're living through so much pain and suffering already. It's a stretch to say death will be even worse after life, I salute to those who ended their lives early. I wish a wonderful death, no not in that context!

I just admire those who took their own lives, I'm sure they were more terrified to figure out what will happen further on in their lives than what happens beyond death. I can go as far as to say they're fearless, admiration is all I have to say for them...

I didn't wear long sleeves for tonight.... it's kind of cold. I should have worn thicker, it's not even winter yet and I'm freezing from the night. Is it too late to head back now? Yeah I'd say it is.

"What's taking them so long? I've been hear looking at the stars for 10 minutes now." The stars are so beautiful, you rarely get to see such a beautiful sight.

This brings me back to the old times...now I just sound like some sad boomer but it really is nostalgic.

°°°

"Daichin! What are you waiting for? Come here before I drag your over!"

"Ah! Coming!" I was a pretty energetic kid back then, even with my dark thoughts.

I was as normally as I could be, hanging out with friends on weekends while focusing on my studies was something I did since I was just a toddler. I was the most popular kid in school and there's no wondering why.

I had the best grades, I was the most athletic, I was pretty good looking and my socializing skills were top-notch. However, being popular doesn't mean making friends would be easy.

You see, humans have tendencies to get...well jealous. While I was in school, over time my popularity grew over to other schools and most of my peers started to avoid me.

"He's so cute and handsome! But do you think I'm even worthy of speaking to him?!"

"Nah, I bet only a princess could ever speak with him! No way people like us could approach him normally!"

Did you hear that? They hold me so high to the point where I'm treated as a prince.

You'd think being so popular would help you make friends, but the hard slap in the face is life isn't that simple. Sure I'm slightly rich, my good looks speak for themselves, my grades are amazing and I'm willing to help anyone in a heart beat but there was an empty void I kept falling into... Could you guess what it is?