Chapter-14

"Prince Abhik, what our commander means to us you can simply infer it from the power and unity of serpents. For an army commander, power gets from his decisions and victories his tactics and ability but unity is formed from respect. She maybe a devil for others but for hirangans she is a source of light."

Abhik and Charan were perplexed from his words which was full of passion and honor. Even though Abhik dislikes Amanya for her rudeness he had an appreciation for Shankar's loyalty and humbleness.

"Shankar can you tell us what is today's program?" While Yuvan was asking, their lunch arrived and the maids served them those delicacies. Shankar went to the guard who tagged along the lunch cart and they discussed something. The result was not pleasant as it was evident from his face.

"What happened Shankar?" Abhik asked him.

"Ah.." Shankar was lost in thoughts.

"Nothing younger prince."

"Just a while ago you said you will be truthful but now you are denying it." Abhik has no sense to give up the conversation until he finds out.

"When she meddled in, we thought commander changed her decision but now as decided by her she won't take part in this conference in any form. "

"What do you mean by decision and by the way you should be happy she is not coming. Even the air will be pleasant." Abhik couldn't really hide his dislike.

"Prince you are saying that because you don't know about our commander. If she is there then the day is going to be more interesting and worth. Commander really disagreed in the proposal of hosting. So as a form of her complaint she decided that serpents won't take part."

"Then why are you.."

"Even though she was angry, she know the priorities. So she asked sub generals to supervise and specially assigned a sub general to guard Amai to show respect to her biggest opponent.

Also if she wanted to spy someone in her own country it is as easy as an apple pie."

"I respect your loyalty." Yuvan praised him as he was thinking about the devil and how she still lives in people's heart; impressive.

"It's not loyalty but admiration.

About the agenda, after the lunch we will go to main conference hall followed by welcoming programs that will extend till night and will be back after dinner. The maids will help you in washing up."

"So the hall that received us was not the main one?"

"No. That was built only for the morning session."

"Nice." Abhik looked at Charan in a sigh.

After the day at evening they all went to the main hall and in their cart Shankar was also present.

"Shankar, isn't this Lexicon?" Abhik now takes him as a friend for real.

"Yes."

"Then I heard it was a barren land desolated after a war."

"Yes"

"Then now.."

"Prince shortly after receiving the proposal almost all the hawks were engaged in reviving Lexicon and the final results are before you."

They arrived at the main hall and was welcomed with shower of flowers. As they were walking a white rose petal stuck on his ring which when picked tore into pieces.