Chapter-70

Yuvan and others roved out of the mansion and jumped on their horseback. The horses galloped through the streets with their masters who literally had an exponential increase of heart beat. The image of the informer and his expression was imprinted in their minds. Even as an imperial guard, the guard was quaking in his boots which made them anxious. The fear in them made the distance longer than it was. Time was ticking and nearing midnight leaving the streets desolated. They rode through subways avoiding main street. They were about to reach as the court gate was bleakly visible. The horses neighed almost ten feet from the court gate. The sight shook them like a leaf. They slowly walked closer without blinking their eyes. Upon reaching closer, they looked above at the source of the blood with miserable eyes and frozen lips. Two mighty hands were hanging on the door, blood was still dripping from above. The threshold of the court was red in color due to the blood rush. The imperial guards untied the rope and the hands were brought down. The hands were cuffed with rope. Yuvan looked around and saw no guards who are usually assigned to guard the court.

"Where are the court guards?" he asked the imperial guards who had accompanied him from the old mansion and were standing around the threshold.

"Lord, he bowed; when we reached they were all found unconscious. Preliminary inference is that some feeble poison was used."

"What! the guards were poisoned and put to sleep just in the open street??" Abhik exclaimed.

Yuvan was standing still like a mountain. Ashok came near, "Yuvan, before people and others gather, we should clear the site."

"Hmm. " He nodded, the aura of his eyes emitting flames.

Ashok stepped in and ordered to take the hands carefully and safely deliver it to the old mansion. As the soldiers were lifting the hands, the handcuffs loosened and a few red rose petals fell to the threshold.

"A red petal!!" Abhik screamed. All others present including Yuvan were shocked. Ashok took a petal and examined it.

"Not red but a white petal stained with blood..."

"It's the cobras." Ashok concluded.

"Take it back." Yuvan finally spoke at the scene. All the time, he was standing silently observing the events around him. He continued in a feeble voice,

"This time you have scored Amanya but don't dream of a victory series. I am behind you waiting for your fall."

Ashok smirked and resonated in his mind; ' This was just an appetizer. A huge surprise is waiting for you.."