Chapter-116

The victory arrival of the crown prince was reserved to be marked in the scrolls of history. The night was going to feast. All the palace was busy in preparing the banquet. Yuvan was summoned to the court by the king. He met his father in the king's chambers. The meeting was short and secret between them.

Naman and Ashok rushed to meet Amanya. They met her in their secret base inside the palace.

"Commander, an alert message!"

"What happened today? General is here by himself to report a message."

"Lord, just now the prince talked with the majesty and it was a short one. Our cobras assume that it was about you or else it won't be this crisp."

"So you want me to be alert?"

"Lord, nothing can harm you. It's just about how you want to take things. War and peace, cobras are ace in both."

She smiled at Naman's concern. After observing the whole conversation, Ashok decided to meddle;

" Commander, Mekala was warned by the prince himself. From her nature, she is not someone who will stop with a mere warning. I think she will take action tonight. What should we do?"

"No countermeasures. I want her to play her card. Tonight, I want to know my enemies lurking in dark."

"Commander, I think you are playing with fire just to know whether the prince will believe you or not?" She smirked at his sarcastic comments.

The feast was set in its full bizarre. Apart from the victory, the feast had another importance. It was the first official welcoming feast given to the newly married princess. The guests arrived one by one. The banquet was ready to begin. Every eye was waiting for them.

Loud drums are rhythmed at their arrival. Yuvan walked in with his queen in the aisle. They were welcomed in awe. People's eyes got struck by the Hirangan beauty that remained a curiosity in their life.

"Take your seats and let the feast begin." The king announced the start of the feast.

The changed attitude of King was surprising. Naman and Ashok were distressed at this change. Was that the result of talk between Yuvan and the king or a new trap; their mind was not at ease.

As the feast progressed, a guard approached him and left with a note,

"Captain, all is under control but Mekala's chambers have unusual activities. Alert!!"

Ashok looked around, his eyes had an unusual fear of evil omens. He fixed his eyes on his commander to assure himself of her safety.