Chapter-111

They stood before an old mansion. It was a big one evident even with the ruins of time. The moon and stars were their torch. He held her hands, and gestured. She walked with him step by step; a mansion which was even hidden from the eyes of cobras were its each corner had a stench of mystery she followed him with credence. In the dark lane, he walked with conviction as if this was his residence. He paused before a door and looked at her. He pushed the rusted door. It opened with a huge crack sound. She stood staggered. A big trellis, vined with jasmine in its full bloom inside a ruined uninhabited mansion. Yuvan took her on shoulder and passed the trellis to a pergola. The lawn was as fresh as a well maintained one. The pergola was full of green vines. He laid her in the shades of pergola.

"When I was young, I came to this place by mistake. Later, when father found me here, he locked this place and stationed guards here."

"Why??"

"No idea. Someone said that this mansion belonged to a sinner and shouldn't be opened. Some said it was closed due to a promise made years ago and some even said it was possessed."

"Ah!! Then Yuvan, why did you bring me here?"

"This is the only place growing jasmine in the entire palace."

The land and mansion, from the trellis gave her a melancholic sense as if it had wounded her back. She couldn't hold her emotions and hugged him hard. Her tears were rolling down and the reason, even she was unaware of.

"Apu.. Apu.. "

"I just want to hug you for a while."

Yuvan understood her state. Apeksha never talked that way nor took an initiative. He knew she was really disturbed and the reason for her state bothered him. He slowly covered her with his arms.

"I.. I think I have fallen for you.." She whispered in his ears.

"Huh??!!"

"On the night of our arranged wedding, what else do you expect me to say??"

"I.. I.. " They kissed under the vines of the pergola, for which it had waited for a century.

The vines bloomed and heaven witnessed its curse lifted.