Chapter-112

"We failed.."

Ashok was perspiring while talking to her. "Devi, our cobras are back empty handed."

"You say; should I disperse this batch of cobra Huh?? I just asked you to find an old mansion and you are saying there is none!"

"Commander, according to the clues you provided, our cobras were trying to track the mansion for almost one month but that place doesn't exist. The directions point towards a lake."

"Do you think I am too old to remember a simple way?"

"No.. Devi I mean you had wine that day, maybe you hallucinated."

"Ashok you have guts huh?? to infer that I hallucinated an entire night from just a bottle of wine."

"Sorry commander, I will dispatch more cobras and this time I will lead the batch."

"No need. Leave it . I still have time to dig that entire lake."

It was almost noon. Ashok quickly hid from the maid who brought her mid day snacks.

"Devi.. This.." He looked at the flower cakes carefully.

"Its poisoned !!"

"Hmm."

"Devi.. Its Mekala right; How dare she??" Ashok flipped the chair in anger.

Amanya didn't mind his anger nor the poison but was having her cakes relaxed. Ashok couldn't stand her behaviour and knocked over the cakes.

"Devi, she is bullying you to this extent. How can you be... even if you can, but only after the end of cobras."

"Ashok.."

"Poisoning my lord, huh! Let me show her what bullying is."

"Ashok... Listen to me. Do you think I have not noticed the poison? Look carefully, is it poisoned? you think your commander is a push over?"

"Devi.."

"Just after one month of our marriage, Yuvan was sent to the west grassland to subdue a militant group. A task that could be done by a mere general, the crown prince was summoned. You say, it's clear that the king wants me to be out of the harem. If I act now, he will pin me down with any crime and execute me before Yuvan could even hear the news."

"Imprison you?? This mere Amai !!" He laughed in a mocking air.

"They should know, the serpent queen has the antidote for all poisons in Mekong. Ashoka.. I am just too lazy to be intelligent.

Let me be a weakling now. I will give them what they deserve."

"Yes Devi.. But once you end this, we will start."

"Let them play their game. Once the stage is set, I will complete the rest." Amanya caressed her ring and went back to the garden.

Mekala is a foolish but persistent opponent. But her persistence has started to irritate Amanya and that was what she feared. If the poison matter gets to her father, he can command the cobras and this will end the feigning peace between the two countries. In the war between two countries, Hiranga's victory is for sure but she couldn't lose him.