Chapter-77

The lustrous evening slowly turned to a cold and damp night. They were in the room for a whole day and still couldn't come to a conclusion. The exact reason of 'why' seemed to be missing from their inferences. The entire series that occurred in Dashur doesn't fit into her notorious character nor they can deduce about someone who is much audacious to use her symbols to cover a series of murders. They seemed to reach a dead end.

"Prince, among all our inferences, yours seems to be most fitting. But still why, remains a question before us." Ashok tried to move the investigation at a faster pace as they were ordered to end it in a week.

"And the pattern of her choice.."

"AAAAAHHHHHHH.........." A sudden shriek from the west pierced the doors and walls of the mansion. It followed a split of silence leaving them stupefied. He sprinted like the wind towards the west. They rushed behind him. He rushed only to see her on the ground shuddering and hiding herself with fear. He was stunned at her state and kneeled. He gently touched her and mellowed her name. They stopped at the scene.

She slowly opened her eyes and hugged him tightly, her eyes were wet and lips dry. He could feel her escalated heart beats and frozen lips in his cheeks. She pointed her finger into the garden.

"Apu...Apu.. It's fine. I am here..." He hugged her and patted on her shoulders and parallelly instructed them to inspect the garden. He waited for her to calm down. They came back with a serious face. He gestured to them to pause and embraced her gently. She looked at his eyes, still breathing heavily. He carried her to her room. She slowly closed her eyes, still cuddling on to him tightly grasping his hand. After a while, he went to the garden, his face fuming in anger. They were waiting for him and at his arrival, they led him to the garden.

A corpse was hanging on the tree in the midst of the garden. Guards brought the body down and was laid in the ground. A letter was pinned in his dress,

'To win, it's too boring. So I am going to end this game and this is the last victim.

Now the real hunt begins...'

He crushed the letter and burned it. They looked at him in quail. This was the first time they witnessed his hatred in such intensity. He locked the door and sat near her, holding her hand. His heart leapt then sank as her scream echoed in his thoughts again and again.

"Amanya you touched the wrong person. I will make you pay.."