Chapter-72

Abhik and Charan travelled back to the mansion. He was feeling better after leaving the crime scene. Since he was nauseous on the way, they travelled in a cart rather than their usual horses.

"Young prince, Charan inquired after he made sure that Abhik was able to restrain himself; Are you fine?"

Charan knew the meaning of silence he got as a reply from Abhik. He stopped the cart and Abhik got off; Charan followed him and they stopped under a tree and sat down for a while.

"Charan, you know it's not my first time to face a post mortem, not to mention even a corpse with maggots. I was fine. But the corpse we received from cobras, they.. his eyebrows scrunched together and he continued, they don't even have a basic respect for a human being and I bet when the victim faced his foe he might not be even aware of his sin. I think bruddah was right; She kills for fun."

Charan nodded but was deeply worried as he knew something was wrong somewhere.

"Charan, Are they insane? I don't get what are they up to? The whole scene today is just driving me crazy."

"Prince, control your emotions. I think we should return to the mansion by now."

"Yes, you are right. Apu di might be really worried not to mention she is now all alone in that big mansion."

They got back on their cart and reached the mansion in an hour. When they reached the threshold, they could see their di waiting for them, particularly for their bruddah which she didn't hesitate to express.

That night she couldn't sleep. She was bothered with the cases and had a feeling of guilt even though she convinced herself about the reasons for her actions. Her windows were wide open which she deliberately did as she was expecting her general to report. with a shallow breeze, Deva entered the room and bowed with respect. She got up from her bed and held her token of commander in hand with a dark stare at him.

"Commander, he knew what he was supposed to do; we picked some random people from the approved list and executed the punishment. "

She sighed and said, "since I have given you the authority, I won't interfere. It's just that the prince is not our enemy. So don't make it hard for them. Remind Ashok."

After giving out the instructions, she still couldn't sleep. She was searching for answers for the doubts in her heart. She was thinking of why she wanted to delay the promise given to Alok and what made her agree with such a nonsense solution of marriage, actually if she wanted she could have killed them in a day."