Chapter-105

The cart passed the gates of Amaian court. Their arrival was celebrated by the skies. Dark clouds filled the sky hiding the last rays of light. It was not a pleasant welcome as if Yama was welcomed by hell.

The iron doors of the palace opened before them with a bang. She stood behind him and before them was a big battalion of imperial soldiers welcoming their crowned prince. The army doesn't seem to be that warm as Hiranga, she thought. As the guard of honor was over, Ashok stayed and other comrades left per their instruction. Yuvan and Abhik with Charan went to greet his majesty before introducing her.

"This land will suffer... I swear, I won't let you live in peace..." The words from the plays resonated in her ears. Standing in the giant steps to the palace, she couldn't help but to think of the history of goddess and Amai. It felt strange though as for the past one year, all around her revolved about the myths of goddesses and her curse.

"How is Amai?"

"Lord, you have a big obstacle here and my gut feeling.. it won't be easy to tackle."

"You think this mere king is a threat to Amanya?"

"No lord, I mean you have a rival in love."

"Huh?? She took a deep breath and smirked at him; It's going to be interesting." She observed her new abode, Amai.

"Here is his majesty's notice, meet me in the palace." A man in uniform, seeming to be an eunuch from his mannerism interrupted them. They both followed him and reached the palace court. On her way, she could sense the strange eyes looking at her and making their remarks. The door seemed to be more tough than she thought. In her entire life, there was no door she was afraid of, but this mascots of Amai gave her a sense of precariousness. A warmth out of nowhere tangled her fingertips and moved her forward. She walked through the aisle like a boss and stood before the majesty.

"Long live my lord." She bowed according to the rules of Amai. Yuvan accompanied her and they stood together in the court.

He stood from his chair, his face like paralyzed, "Meeting is dispersed. Welcome to Amai, daughter." and he left. The whole crowd including Abhik kneeled, "Hail the king hail the prince hail the princess."