Chapter-15

Lexicon witnessed a festival almost after a decade. In this conference the first day was designated to be a welcoming fest. All the guest were welcomed in glamor. Long drum beats were playing in rhythm and the majesty of Hiranga, king Mahendra arrived and was welcomed with fire and flowers as per their custom. He was followed by crowned prince Jiva and a beautiful lady tagged with him. They were walking in hand by hand.

"Bruddah look, such a beautiful lady."

"To walk with crown prince in this attitude; it must be the devil. The serpent queen Amanya. " Yuvan looked at that face with curiosity.

"She covered such an art of god with a big mask, what a waste of beauty." Abhik nodded his head in disdain.

Shankar at the meanwhile went to collect instructions for today's program. When he arrived he saw them sitting and discussing seriously. He went and sat near them.

"Shankar you told us that your commander won't be participating; but look there." He pointed towards Jiva.

Shankar's eyes followed the direction of his finger. "Where?"

"Look; she is sitting near Jiva."

Shankar suddenly burst into laughter. "No. Not." He was chocked with laughter.

"No, that's our sister in law."

"Huh??"

"She is our crowned prince's wife. Princess Keerthi."

Abhik and Charan's face pinked of embarrassment and they were looking at each other as they had some telepathy. But Yuvan's reaction was different. He became more interested at that masked face.

"Shankar, if she always wears a mask how will you follow her?"

"Prince, it's that serpents wears a mask only when they meet foreigners; and it's a must for commander and general."

"So that they won't be identified. Smart move." . Yuvan completed the sentence and looked outside through the window next to him slowly losing and mingling himself in the nature.

The events marked its start with the welcoming dance accompanied by the tint of sunset plugging the entire mood of the day. It was followed by different varieties of arts filled with jazziness but nothing caught the attention of Yuvan. His mind was behind that mask; its owner. He was suddenly awakened by Abhik for the tea ceremony. He stood and completed the ceremony. After the ceremony and feast they went back to their tavern. On their way back, he was thinking about Amanya and the secret behind her authority.

He was lying in his bed said bye to his sleep and his eyes wide open 'Am I in the right track?'

'Before arriving, my goal was to know about Hiranga and the influence of cobras in Amai, I was curious about her authority with her infame all over Mekong its impossible to have such loyal soldiers. But now I am curious about their unity and love.'

'is it all a play staged before them or the drama was played for years before them and they were living in a mirage created by her criminal mind?'

He slowly closed his eyes thinking deep about what's happening before him.