Chapter-45

Alok was perplexed in her smirk. That was devilish. He tended towards her and whispered " di you mean ??"

"Don't underestimate yourself as well as y our opponents. Take it as a lesson."

He thought for a while, "then?"

"They will be in the dark and you will never know them; it's for your own safety and it will always protect you."

They continued with their talk as he was feeling lighter and relaxed. Suddenly she noticed a secret code sent by the servant present, she knew someone was coming but didn't alert Alok as she thought giving him more information would leave him in a complex and risky state as she is under watch.

"Di look, Abhi brother is coming." She nodded her head and had a smile but she already knew about his arrival. Abhi was walking towards her swiftly, "Alok, Bruddah is looking for you."

"Huh?"

"We can only investigate the arson case at night as not to startle the snake. He asked you there for some information." Alok looked at her and she gestured to him to go.

Even though she agreed, her mind was restless but she believed in Alok, 'he is smart and will understand the current game.' Without being noticed she gestured to the cobras to watch him.

"Apu di, why are you lost in thoughts? What happened? worrying about Alok?"

"Hmm, she absent mindedly nodded. I just wish him to get over his nightmare."

"Di, I really admire you. You could have left him but you put your life at stake fulfilling your responsibility."

"He is not my responsibility but my brother."

"Di, I want to tell you something frankly."

"What happened Abhi?"

"Di, what do you think of my brother? I noticed how you looked at him earlier. Frankly speaking; your eyes were sparkling."

"Your brother?, she was not expecting that question in that dense mood; I have heard that Amai is a very patriarchal society. I really admire him for giving me such importance even though it's just a play."

"Di.. Can you be my sister in law for real?"

"What!! she just stood up from chair out of shock. Abhi, what are you saying?"

"Di, he stood; I am asking you if my brother likes you, are you willing to be my sister in law?"

"Abhi, don't joke about your brother's life." She left the place swiftly in nervousness.

'I have decided, for this life you are my sister in law. Bruddah I have helped you; now it all depends on your performance.' He smiled foolishly, shaking his head.

She rushed towards her bedroom and closed the door in a hurry. 'Is he nuts? What was that; a marriage proposal?... I really doubt cobras now. His action doesn't match with a prince and he dares to make a proposal for the crown prince and that too with an unknown Hirangan girl!!

He wants me to be a concubine?? He dares? If that day comes, I will teach him what a commander is!

But.. he doesn't seem to be joking.. Ahhh, what the hell am I falling into??' Her mind was a total mess. she felt that few seconds to be the most messiest and confusing one in her whole life.

In the midst of silence, a soft but sharp knocking sprang the door. She got up and opened the door.