Chapter-30

The next morning was all cloudy. That was a sudden and an unexpected change in the climate. All year around, Sayyonee rarely receives rainfall and is a grassland unlike the capital. The day itself was strange. Amanya was having a bad feeling for the day as she felt something bad is on its way. She woke up with many plans for the day but was mentally backed off. The main plan for the day was to visit the cursed pond with Alok as he promised. She even asked permissions from the elders to which they resisted at first but later agreed. She was standing in the courtyard, in a confused state whether to listen to her mind or heart. She stood there looking far at the direction towards the pond as if it was calling her.

"Apeksha di, He saw her lost in thoughts. What are you doing here alone?"

She was suddenly appalled "Huh??"

"di, I am asking you what are you doing? Didn't we decide yesterday that we will set to meet the legendary cursed pond today." She was processing her mind which was in an unknown melancholy.

"Alok, what about going tomorrow. Look at the climate, I don't think we can be back without getting drenched."

"Oh di, Sayyonee doesn't have a complex climate. If it still rains, what's the big deal, at the worst we will be in rain." She know she can no longer defend it and also when she thought of the reasons she find herself childish. She nodded her consent and went to dress up. Alok was waiting for her outside the house meanwhile he also informed the chief and lady and promised them that they will be back before sunset and won't disturb the pond or do anything prohibited. They both set to the pond. Even though all of them had their own plans the heaven had something else for them and maybe that's what people call as fate.

Abhik came early in the morning to meet Yuvan who was in the white pearl mansion. Charan tagged along with him from the gate. They went to his study were he was waiting for him.

"Bruddah, everything is done as per your order."

"Good Abhi. I know you won't disappoint me." A guard knocked at the door, greetings my lord minister Naman is in the main hall waiting for you."

"What minister is here? Bruddah.."

"Abhi, go and invite him to the study." Abhik went and was back with Naman; a middle aged minister who greatly dotes on Yuvan and majesty's most trusted.

"Prince Yuvan, majesty asked about the preparations and plan. I thought it was a serious issue so I came by myself."

"It's good, lord Naman. Kindly inform father that we don't have solid evidences right now. So to catch them red handed we have decided to go to Dashur undercover as court judge and inspector. We will set by next week as one week is needed for emptying the seat and to follow the transfer procedures to make it more realistic." Naman was impressed with his composure "Good, I will inform majesty. By the way take care." He left soon as it was an important task. After sending him off Abhik came back and smiled at them "The only oldie other than father in the court whom I address with respect 'minister'"