Chapter-88

Horses neighed and galloped through the streets with Yuvan and Charan. Abhik was left behind at the mansion to ensure her safety. By dusk, when the stars began to appear in the vast sky, they reached the broken gates of Sayyonee. Nothing was left in the once inhabited town. They held a lighted lamp and walked in stepping at the ruins of Sayyonee.

'Lord, are you sure?'

'I don't know. I just feel Apu is right.'

'Lord, are we here to catch serpents or Dhawan?'

Yuvan smirked and continued, 'Do you think we will get Dhawan alive?'

'Fact. He might have met the king of hell by now! Lord, then are we here...'

'I have promised her that I will bring justice to Alok with my own hand. How can I let him go? And they can't just play as they like in Amai.'

'Yes lord, they should know, they landed at the wrong place.'

They were approaching the ancestral temple of Sayyonee. He remembered the positions even in the dark as they were engraved in his heart. They saw a raging fire in the temple. They rushed and were stunned. A body without a head was burning in the middle of the temple. It was tied in a stick as if it was crucified. They could do nothing but watch the flames roar up to the sky as it was almost burned to ashes. They went near and saw his head in front of the deity. Blood was still dripping from his head. Yuvan was numbed at the sight. The imperial soldiers who followed him at a distance took his head and bones to their mortuary.

Amanya was confused with her current state. She and Abhik received Alok who arrived with Ashok. He tightly hugged his di straight. She asked him to freshen up and leave all the talks for tomorrow. Ashok inquired about Yuvan who was missing at the scene.

'bruddah...' Abhik rushed to his brother but paused as he noticed blood stains in his robe. Yuvan paid no attention and walked towards them. Charan walked towards her and shouted, "They are not human but cannibals.."

'What happened? This blood'

'Dhawan is dead!' Charan told them biting his teeth.

'Yuvraj, from his abduction you should have expected this outcome. What else happened?'

'He died the most horrible way I have ever seen... Cruelty, they deserve their defame.' Yuvan said in a lifeless manner.

'Wait!!' Yuvan suddenly grabbed Charan, 'is there anyone who is related to the arson but still alive?'

'Yes, only one.'

'who?' Yuvan asked with a ray of hope and rage of hatred in his eyes.

'Lord Virat.'

'I will save you!!'