Chapter-118

Ashok and Abhik stood near her while Yuvan was earnestly conversing with Charan. From his intense talk and Charan's deep breathing, it was certain that they were defending Mekala's every move. Yuvan walked back and sat near her. He was silent but held her hands in assurance as if he was promising 'I won't let anyone harm you.' The whole atrium was quiet regarding the recent events.

The loud ringing of bells falls on the hall abruptly. All the guards suddenly pulled their swords and covered the king. It was the bell for extreme emergencies. A battalion of soldiers following the sub-general surrounded the hall. The whole scene looked like a coup d'état. The king stood from his throne in apprehension.

"Your majesty... she is a cobra..." He pointed at Amanya. The soldiers surrounded her with their swords and spears ready to slash her. Vexed at their accusations, Yuvan pulled his sword at them while she was silent as if she foresaw today. Their commander's tranquil face relieved Ashok though he is still nervous at their implications.

The general came forward, "Prince, we went to search for fazan but we found this.." He showed a bundle of roses with some dry blood stains on their stems.

"So you mean if anyone has a bouquet of white roses in his house; he is a cobra?" Abhik got furious at the sub-general.

"No prince, this rose aroused our suspicion. so we had a large raid at her chamber and found this.."

The object he presented staggered each present in the hall ranging from Yuvan to Amanya.

"Lord, the black cloak of cobra and their dagger... It still has the dark stench of blood..."

She was taken aback by the sudden evidence. The black cloak of cobra is not something a sub-general of Amai can come into. And the dagger...

Yuvan was silent at their accusations.

"Father, Abhik came forward and kneeled before the king; this is a trap. Please investigate the truth.." Ashok joined Abhik in the request. Amanya was looking at Yuvan and his silence was hurting her. It's true that she is ... but these are pure allegations and she was not going to tolerate it.

"Ok... Guards take her to prison. Three days will be given to prove her innocence."

As she was dragged to prison; She collided with Ashok;

"Get the mole who betrayed his master.."