Chapter-135

Water was dripping from her robes.

"I.. I... " She stood baffled as he left for the war leaving her in a tangle. She didn't expect his confession. It was out of the blue. The war and its circumstances, she forgot why she rushed to meet him nor could she warn him about the new military advisor.

"But.. how can I... " Her mind traveled back to his proposal. The time she asked from Aras is going to end.

Going back.., for the days she spent here, she has never planned about the day parting with him.

Thinking back, starting from the day they met at the night market till today, all her memories in this journey had him. She was finding it hard to imagine a day without him.

'I should go back, it's a promise I made.

Am I going back just because of the promise?' She was trying hard to sort her mind.

"I am the crown princess of heaven, I am betrothed." She clenched her sword hard, reminding her responsibilities.

But... There is no crown prince waiting for me... She thought.

"No... As an immortal, I should never fall prey to these mortal temptations. I must go back."

She waited for him to be back and inform her decision.

Vakul bolted with his horse towards the battleground. It was the border of two kingdoms. Nilan and his army followed him. The sky was dark and uncanny. They stood before their enemy. Flags of both kingdoms were flying high. Army stationed before them was strange. Only one general was leading them. It seemed to be too much confidence for a kingdom in war. Long drums rhythmed beginning the war. Vakul raised his sword and galloped with his horse.

The rain was getting stronger with wind and lightning. The pendant tied to her waist suddenly started glowing. It was his gift and she added her immortal petals to it so that it can detect dangers near him. It reminded her of heaven, her father. She panicked and darted out.

"Goddess... please don't go." The water fairies trapped her in a formation. "It's an order from the god." They sealed the formation imprisoning her.

"Move... She looked at them; I said to move" She pulled her sword and cast her power, her immortal self breaking the seal. She attacked all the fairies on her way without mercy. She charged to the battleground like a wild horse.