Chapter-38

Charan gripped his sword and slowly opened the door. A man was standing in cover wearing a black cloak. He slowly raised his head. Charan immediately paved the way for him and closed the door.

"Greetings prince." There was a wave of relief. Abhik stood and greeted him.

"Naman, what are you doing here and that too in this..?" He looked at him from top to bottom implying his cloak.

"An important message."

"What happened?" Yuvan stepped in.

Naman looked around and checked all the windows, rested on the chair "Lord, Sayyonee annihilated to ashes."

"What?? How?"

" As per official records it is due to lightning; but I don't believe it. On that day I was in Dashur. It is true that that day had a downpour with thunder but it was not strong enough to burn down an entire village.

Actually since this is an important matter, his majesty asked me to arrive here earlier and check the situation precisely. After I arrived this happened. None escaped that fire according to reports."

"That's brutal, to wipe out an entire community too inhumane." Charan reacted in fury.

"Sayyonee is near to Dashur and it can't be a coincidence." Yuvan alleged.

"Prince, I firmly believe it's their crime but why Sayyonee and what is there?" Naman repeated.

"Charan, Abhik rest early; tomorrow we are heading to Sayyonee." He commanded in a sharp voice. Naman suggested reporting this incident to the king personally and left the room.

The night was windy in Dashur. Amanya was sleeping peacefully but out of the blue heard that sound, the sound which brought her to Amai. She opened her eyes, looked around and the sound stopped. She closed her eyes, went to her bed tracing back her sleep. She decided to visit that lake once more. She had a gut feeling; that lake is not ordinary.

The dawn was different from night, crisp and clear. Alok, as usual, went to the next village with sweets. She left right after him, and went to the cursed pond alone. On her way she could feel her courage being drained bit by bit but she chose not to retreat. She reached the red banks of the pond but this time, her heart felt light weighted and she noticed many jasmine vines growing near it. She went near and the scent filled the area leaving her in a state of dizziness. Her mind was a mess and she saw people from Sayyonee screaming.

Suddenly a hand from behind patted her shoulders. She woke up in a shock coming out of her dizziness. It was Deva.

"Commander, are you fine??" He looked in a confused state.

"Deva did you sense any strong jasmine scent ?"

"Commander, there are some jasmine plants near but no flowers in it then how is the scent?"

She scratched her head and took a deep breath, "Deva, get me some incense stick. I will wait."

He looked puzzled and signaled cobras and within ten minutes she got what she needed.

"Deva, by the way, why are you here?"

"Oh commander, captain has returned to the palace. Everything went smoothly as our plan and the prince arrived."

"Ok you may go back. No need to follow me. I want to be alone for some time."

They followed her order and dispersed. She walked slowly to Sayyonee, not a village anymore but a graveyard buried with lots of pain and guilt. She was feeling bad inside and decided to visit them and pay respect. Sayyonee still had the smell of blood and flesh floating in the atmosphere. Their bodies were buried at their shrine. She bowed and lit the instance. She kneeled for a moment in silence.

"Who are you??"

She turned back and was shocked. It's him, the prince of Amai, Yuvan.

TRIAL-END OF AN ERAजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें