Chapter-62

"Lets go" , She walked off grabbing his hand and dragging him with her. He couldn't process her sudden shift of character. He simply relished the moment and followed without any resistance, without any destination. They passed the iron doors of the mansion one by one. She stopped in front of his horse and looked at him, relaxing his hand. He literally came back to his senses and looked around. She got on the horse and pointed at him and gestured to get in with a straight face. He got on the horseback behind her. She was holding the reins and saw him being uncomfortable in his seat as he was giggling.

"Are you not comfortable in this position?"

"I...No.." (how can he explain that he was giggling not because of discomfort but due to extreme happiness.)

She sighed and grabbed his hands around her waist and pulled the reins. The horse galloped and sped forward. He was baffled and thought of it as a dream. He felt his hands being numb and looked at her. Her golden black strands flying in the air on the silent dark roads made his heart warm. He locked his fingers around her and celebrated the mesmerizing ride; even if it's a dream, it's still worth it.

The horse accelerated and they rode at the speed of wind. He could feel the cold air falling deeply on his cheeks. He closed his eyes and tightened his grip. The horse took them to the outskirts of Dashur. The horse suddenly stopped and neighed. He tightly hugged her from behind due to the impact.

"We arrived." She shook his hands.

He opened his eyes and got off. He looked around and saw a river brimming before them. She tied the horse nearby. She sat on the banks facing the brook and patted near her, gesturing to him to accompany her. A silence followed then. They both looked at the river flowing and the only sound in between them was the striking of water on pebbles.

"Thank you." He said looking at the river.

"What happened today? I have never seen you so exhausted." that question was replied with silence.

"It's cobras, right?" She smiled.

The cool night really calmed him.

"Dashur witnessed some events and murders recently and cobras are the instigators behind. And this is not going to stop, my instincts say it. "

"Follow her." She looked straight in his eyes.