Chapter-23

She slowly tried to get up. Her whole body felt sore. The sunlight blurred her vision. She rubbed her eyes and stood up, looked around her.

'Where am I? This is not Hiranga.' She felt she was still dreaming and pinched herself but realized that she was not at all dreaming but standing in the midst of reality. She searched all around and found she has no weapons with her. She decided to move a little further as to at least know where she has arrived. It looked like a grassland, an uninhabited place. As she moved a little she saw some cattle grazing in the land; gathering all her energy she ran towards them. She searched for herders near them and found some people sitting under a tree, she speeded towards them in water dripping clothes slowly losing her consciousness.

Dhruv broke into Jiva's room as their hush hush was getting on his nerves.

"Prince, what is happening? Can someone kindly tell me." His voice was a bit derisive out of anger rather than pleading. Jiva looked at him with his puffy eyes and was at the verge of a breakdown.

"Yes. Its all because of me. If I had shared it with you both maybe.." He gulped his words and clenched Dhruva's hands tightly.

"Follow me." He dragged them, his dress dripping water all the way and stood before his majesty's reading chamber. His majesty was sitting as if he was waiting for his son.

"Father, I decided what to do. I won't let this so called fate eat her up."

Mahindra stood up and patted his shoulders "I will support you because I believe in you." He walked out and paused at the door "Bring her back. I need her."

Aram closed the door and only four of them was left in the chamber. Jiva went towards the book shelf, moved a book in a particular manner and the wall behind them moved inside. It was one of the secret chambers in the palace. He led them into it and they saw exact same bookshelf inside. He moved a book and the wall changed back as it was. All the way was lighted with fire. They went inside following him and reached the main chamber and as they saw it they kneeled and bowed immediately. It was the legendary holy book given to them by their guardian immortal Deeksha before her soul avulsion. It was handed down for generations and is considered as the biggest treasure of Hiranga as it represents their guardian, something that is not accessible other than king and his trusties.

They were a bit surprised as how all these were connected and why is this stored with such low security measures. As they were looking around, Jiva asked them

"Have you heard of Deeksha?"

"Jiva is that a question??

Of course everyone in Hiranga knows about our guardian."

"Then do you know about her promise and curse ?"

"You mean her reincarnation?"

"Yes. She vowed that she will reincarnate to get what she lost and where she lost."

"That's a legend and Hiranga's belief but our topic for now is Amanya. How are all these connected?"

"According to our forefathers she will be born in the year of Dragon and her birth will be after 1500 years from the year of avulsion."

"so.."

He took that book and gave it to Jatin and Dhruva and gestured to read. As they went through the book their face cuddled up. They looked at him in disbelief

"Yes.. It's her, my sister; your commander...

Our guardian.."